Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know of anyone making any usable saddlebags for the 08's?
I want the new bike for many reasons, but if I can't get descent sized saddlebags it won't work for me. I need a touring bike and would like it to be vrsc based. I plan on keeping my 02 for my hopper.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Same could be said for the '07 as the wider frame causes many manufactures to not support 07 and up bikes.

I bought some (cheap) throw over bags and bent some 1/4" bar to attach between the shock mount and the rear blinker. I then tie off the bag to the b!tch strap in the back. In less then one minute I can go from old bagger back to Joe Cool.

Try the bagger section of the forum as it is where I got my ideas from.

·
Registered
264 Posts
KenG said:
...the wider frame causes many manufactures to not support 07 and up bikes......

MoCo does.
New HD wishbook:
91441-60
91136-07 .....mounted via 91432-07

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
VRSCX22 said:
MoCo does.
New HD wishbook:
91441-60
91136-07 .....mounted via 91432-07
Thanks, but I'm not paying $550 ($299 for the bag + $250 for the mounting kit) for nylon bags and supports when there have been a number of people complained that they "pop" off while ridding down the road. I have also heard a few complains of how these bags "fit" on the newer AWs, Ds, and DXs.

There are also Beetle Bags, but they are expensive. Good news on Beetles is they make excellent coolers for your "favorite beverage."

A few people in the bagger section say they likes these http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=149&cat=31 I wish I would have saw them prior to getting my cheap discount leather bags. When mine "wear out" I plan on upgrading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts