Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 08 night rod special and i was wondering if there was anything i should look for or any problems that are inherent of these bikes, i have never owned a bike before so this is all new to me, im a senior master tech for ford and i know certain cars have their certain problems, i just dont want anything happening with my bike, thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome to the family, i have a 2007 nrs not much difference from the 08 model. A couple of issues are leakeage and or bubbling of fluid from the brake and clutch resevour in the handlebars.Also dont thrust the fuel gauge,go by trip meter. hope that helps.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome to the forum...the search tool will provide you a lot of answers.
This is a great forum with incredibly knowledgeable people.

Do a once over on all your lines (electrical/fluid) to make sure nothing is sitting too close to heated areas. Didn't have this problem myself but have read a few that have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The only thing inherent to all V Rods is the need to shell out bucks for modifications. Have fun....enjoy.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
One thing that is common to what I'd assume all VRSCs is the hesitation around 3500 and 4k rpm. Not a bad thing, but that's just what it doooos. And.....concur on the earlier post about the fuel guage, may work fine, may suck. If it reads full and you know you need fuel. Turn the bike off and then turn it back on, that's what I do to get a better reading. Yeah, it works, don't ask me why.

·
Registered
78 Posts
08 nrs problems

Fuel gauge will fail, never trust it. Brake fluid reservoirs will leak, think about replacing them. Your ass will go numb after 50-100 miles, think about a sundowner seat. Headlight is dim. No mechanical problems whatsoever. Handles great unless you like scrubbing pegs (boot heels). Sound sucks for me. First mod I made was handlebars. I put black Sportster bars on mine, this is as far back as you can go without changing lines. Mirrors were almost good for nothing, had to put a/m mirrors that extend out a little more to see past my shoulders. I am still trying to get a more upright riding position and may change bars and lines. I love my nrs, it draws a crowd everywhere I go, even if it still looks stock. I am saving for more mods like exhaust and a/r suspension and a clean rear. I like CHAMBERS mods, see them here http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135557&highlight=picture&page=5

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the replys, i got it with vance and hines comp exhaust, screamin eagle intake and tuner, the dyno sheet says 120hp to the wheel and around the same for torque. Its been good for the two weeks that I've had it. I can't stop at a light or a gas station without someone saying damm is that a harley?

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
Welcome to the site. You will love the bike. And I sure would love to see a motor that was putting out 120hp and torque. Probably more like 120hp and 80tq

·
SHINY SIDE UP!!!
30 Posts
DX head light mod

Congrats on your dx, and welcome. I did a headlight mod and updraded to an ultra silver star bulb. My headlight mod was to take apart the headlight and remove the diffuser cone in front of the bulb, (little black cone with holes in it), very bright now, plus it's free$$$---:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts