Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone talked to their respective dealers about the 08 night rods? I stopped by Long Branch, NJ HD on Saturday, but had no specifics about the 08 night rod.

They did have an 08 VRSCDX (Blank/Orange) coming in.

Oh and they had 2 06 Night Rods (New) - one was a demo (Two tone Black/Red) with 146 miles the other was black. I believe their price was 13k on both.

I have not made the purchase yet, going to wait to hear on the 08's.

thanks

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
The black on red 06 is a cool bike, just has the little tank. Wich is actually just fine with my wife.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now we know about the 08's - decision time. Are you still in phx? I just moved from phx to NYC last year, spent 18 years in phx.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
My preference is the 06 - especially if you can get a nice price. A 1250 and ABS are nice features, but I've sat on a few 07s and I don't like the wider frame and seat. You can always replace the gas tank, and still be left with $thousands for mods.

:2cents:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just got back from riding, and damn it is hot out there right now...... anyways i stopped off at Harley of Ocean County and asked them about 08. They said they don't have any now, but can't wait to get their shipment of them. They are all the buzz about the rocker..... they think they're gonna sell out of em' fast.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
EZE RIDER said:
How about those new wheels on the Nightrod. Hot!!! I want them for my DX.
:them: I like em too!

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
They look like this:

08_vrvrscd_1024.jpg

·
Registered
246 Posts
The 08 wheels are great! I bet they cost a fortune though. Hey, what you guys bet that next change Harley makes is a 6 speed? That is, after they've soaked up enough money on the 08 configuration. Harley seems to be taking incremental steps, rather than giving us what we want right away. The japanese companies dont do that. They give their best everytime, and keep getting better. Harley just wants to rake in as much cash as possible with its incrementalism, knowing "one is born everyday". Bass Turds!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts