Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the 2008 DX is suppose to have for horse power?
I was just wondering , what the difference is between the 07 and 08 HP? I know the motor is bigger....
 

·
GA. BOY
Joined
·
2,462 Posts
i would think the 1250 should have a little more HP than a 1130 in stock form
 

·
"Easy Wind"
Joined
·
179 Posts
Supposed to be 125 hp and 85' # torque in the '08.....(vs 120/80 for '07).....The new narrow band O2 sensors will probably negate you even noticing the 5 "extra" ponies and pounds of torque between the two years model engines,,,,,I'm hoping a sert and a good dyno with map and K&N filter/v-mod job will give me 120+ rear wheel horse and 85+ torque.....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,891 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
Supposed to be 125 hp and 85' # torque in the '08.....(vs 120/80 for '07).....The new narrow band O2 sensors will probably negate you even noticing the 5 "extra" ponies and pounds of torque between the two years model engines,,,,,I'm hoping a sert and a good dyno with map and K&N filter/v-mod job will give me 120+ rear wheel horse and 85+ torque.....

120 at the rear is a lofty goal for a stock motor (guts), stock is under 100 and the big tire eats up HP as well. 15% hp loss at the rear is a rough average, again the bigger/heavier tire eats more!
 

·
"Easy Wind"
Joined
·
179 Posts
traktime said:
120 at the rear is a lofty goal for a stock motor (guts), stock is under 100 and the big tire eats up HP as well. 15% hp loss at the rear is a rough average, again the bigger/heavier tire eats more!
Yeah, I figured as much, but just "hoping"....Gutting the pipes isn't gonna help all that much either....:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
swespeed said:
Put my -07 DX on the dyno ....stock. 107.2 hp 214kph in 4th gear..9200rpm
In the interest of giving larger numbers to the customers, and ease of measurement, CALCULATED crank horsepower is often given as MEASURED at the rear wheel, and then SCALED UP by a predetermined loss factor. I believe the 120 HP number is at the crank.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
if you google it everything i have found is saying the motor puts out 125hp and 75lb/tq but im sure those numbers arent all getting to the ground.

there was a post ahwile ago about the power difference in an 07 and 08 and a couple people piped in about the only time you can tell a difference in the 2 motors is when you get going 80-120 ish
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
My 08 is much quicker than my 07. The difference is very evident to me. I have not yet run my 08 to see how fast can it go. But I already know that at any gear or speed the 1250 is a far more powerfull engine than the 1130. As soon as I get a chance I will put'er on a dyno to see what she can do.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,891 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
Yeah, I figured as much, but just "hoping"....Gutting the pipes isn't gonna help all that much either....:)

pipes and air box mod will net you 10hp or so at the rear, it will give a meaner edge to the motor. You'll see a difference if you put a lot of miles on the bike and know the motor well.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,891 Posts
swespeed said:
Put my -07 DX on the dyno ....stock. 107.2 hp 214kph in 4th gear..9200rpm
107hp at the rear, stock? Congrats you're doing 10 -12 over every stock dyno sheet ever listed here.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,891 Posts
1badhd said:
if you google it everything i have found is saying the motor puts out 125hp and 75lb/tq but im sure those numbers arent all getting to the ground.

there was a post ahwile ago about the power difference in an 07 and 08 and a couple people piped in about the only time you can tell a difference in the 2 motors is when you get going 80-120 ish

crank and ground HP (unless a turbo) differ generally by about 15% give or take!
 

·
That U in my mirror?
Joined
·
1,511 Posts

·
WHATEVER
Joined
·
3,739 Posts
manolo said:
My 08 is much quicker than my 07. The difference is very evident to me. I have not yet run my 08 to see how fast can it go. But I already know that at any gear or speed the 1250 is a far more powerfull engine than the 1130. As soon as I get a chance I will put'er on a dyno to see what she can do.
Did you put the Thunderheader on your new bike. It has been said on this forum that you can not notice the difference between the 1130 or 1250 but I agree with you it is noticable throughout the whole power curve.
 

·
"Easy Wind"
Joined
·
179 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Th

DTHDOC said:
Did you put the Thunderheader on your new bike. It has been said on this forum that you can not notice the difference between the 1130 or 1250 but I agree with you it is noticable throughout the whole power curve.
Yes I have the TH's on my 08 and it has and incredible sound. Much deeper and more strong rumble than the TH's on the 07. With the TFI genlll box and a K&N filter the bike is a new quick ass beast. Soon you will read posts of 08's eating 07's for breakfast. I did already coming back from Reno. I had the pleasure of meeting a few forum brothers while in Street Vibrations in Reno.
First it was me alone and then Marcos from San Francisco, Bonketi with his SE from Napa showed up among others and soon we had the corner full of bad ass looking v-rods. Looking forward to ride with them soon.
 

Attachments

·
That U in my mirror?
Joined
·
1,511 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
manolo said:
Yes I have the TH's on my 08 and it has and incredible sound. Much deeper and more strong rumble than the TH's on the 07. With the TFI genlll box and a K&N filter the bike is a new quick ass beast. Soon you will read posts of 08's eating 07's for breakfast.
Dude you ned to post some more info....so TH has bungs for the O2 sensors? I saw the sound files in your gallery but that is your 07 correct? I am really tired of the stock exhaust....please elaborate on your setup....maybe even sart another thread...pretty pretty please....:)
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top