Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If its a closed loop, won't it compensate for a pipe & air-filter change without having to reprogram anything or add anything?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
zcat said:
If its a closed loop, won't it compensate for a pipe & air-filter change without having to reprogram anything or add anything?
NO, it is not a wideband O2 sensor therefore does not have the wide range of adjustment avaiable. It will still depend on a "map" and adjust small amounts from there.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
locked488 said:
Call me stupid, what is the difference between closed and open loop?
Closed loop has O2 sensors and gets afr feedback and can adjust the pulse width of the injector pulse a small amount to account for changes in temp and driving conditions. Open loop is based strictly off the stored map and makes no changes at all. Closed loop has the ability to have better drive ability and fuel economy. It makes no difference with either at wide open throttle though as closed loop systems ignore afr at WOT and run off the map just like an open loop does.

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
Sounds like it is just like the Twin Cam 96 setup. I know that Power Commander has an 02 sensor eliminator that plugs into the 02 sensors leads from the computer. I would imagine it fools the computer into thinking the AFR is perfect at all times and then depends on the map solely. Is that how that works? I would imagine they would do the same for the 08 v-rods.

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
i'll keep what i have, sound like it's a whole lot less complicated!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts