Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on fatshot/supertrapps, K&N, Gil's box and going topless just as soon as I finish breaking in. Will this combo (specifically on an 08) work? Will everything fit and be compatible and will Gil's box work on an 08 with a 1250cc? Thanx!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
That's a good question, but i don't know if anyone has the answer yet. We do know that the 08's have o2 sensors in the exhaust, so whatever pipes you choose need to have the senor bungs in them. The ecm on the 08's is most likely different as well since ABS is now an option. That would mean that the Gils Box may not work. I would wait until we know for sure what will and won't work. IMHO

·
Banned
405 Posts
Dealer told me when I bought my 08 that accessories would be out around October from HD and probably around Xmas for aftermarket. Dunno but I do hope stuff starts coming out, feeling the need for more sound already!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I would be very cautous as to modifying any 08 model. If you make a change and it does'nt pass emissions, then your screwd. Ofcourse, if your particular state does not require the 08 emission test, then mod away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vrod-Mike said:
That's a good question, but i don't know if anyone has the answer yet. We do know that the 08's have o2 sensors in the exhaust, so whatever pipes you choose need to have the senor bungs in them. The ecm on the 08's is most likely different as well since ABS is now an option. That would mean that the Gils Box may not work. I would wait until we know for sure what will and won't work. IMHO
I don't have ABS so maybe it isn't an issue. I had forgotten about the O2 sensors so I guess I am restricted to slip ons now. That's not so bad though. Still plenty of options. And I guess the next thing to do is call Gil. Thanks everyone!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts