Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have orderd an 08 DX ( black/Orange). Researching this forum has helped me make an informed decision to get the reduced reach bars. Thanks to everyone for your insight and info. The dealer says the bike should be delivered this month. Can't wait to get it and give my:barf: Geezer Glide a rest.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Billj said:
I have orderd an 08 DX ( black/Orange). Researching this forum has helped me make an informed decision to get the reduced reach bars. Thanks to everyone for your insight and info. The dealer says the bike should be delivered this month. Can't wait to get it and give my:barf: Geezer Glide a rest.
Did you just change an allocation that they already had? Or what did they allow you to do to the order?

I am having problems ordering an 08 since they cut the allocations.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Billj said:
Best of luck - just picked up 08dx a few weeks ago! I love it and so will you!!! I needed to change the bars for a more relaxed riding position. I have learned a lot for reading this forum.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
congrads!!....mine is about 4 days old now with 400 miles on her and I cant say enough about this beast!....let the MODS begin!

let us know when you get her!

Dan

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They changed one their allocated bikes to my colors and added the ABS

·
Registered
848 Posts
Billj said:
They changed one their allocated bikes to my colors and added the ABS
When did you place the order? How far out did you have to go to make the changes?

I am only asking because I was told you have to go several weeks out in allocations in order to make changes like colors or adding ABS.

Where is your dealer?

Thanks for the info, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the bike from Paris Harley Davidson. Since I live in Rockwall County, it's only a ninety mile ride in the country. I've purchased 3 harleys from them. A great family owned dealership. Placed the order last week. I understand that North Texas Harley has a black/orange w/o ABS that came in last week.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Billj said:
I bought the bike from Paris Harley Davidson. Since I live in Rockwall County, it's only a ninety mile ride in the country. I've purchased 3 harleys from them. A great family owned dealership. Placed the order last week. I understand that North Texas Harley has a black/orange w/o ABS that came in last week.
Well I was very happy dealing with North Texas, but now I am a little frustrated after hearing your story. I have been trying to get them to find me an AW with ABS for a few weeks. I was told that it was too late to add ABS or change paint on any of the allocations they had coming. The other allocations this year that they could have changed were canceled by the MOCO.

I am impressed that you dealership was able to make those changes last week on one that was being delivered this month. I guess I need to make some phone calls tomorrow.

Congratulations!!! Please let us know when you get it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maybe it was just my good fortune. I'd rather be lucky than good!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Billj said:
Maybe it was just my good fortune. I'd rather be lucky than good!!
Well I hope it works out well for you. But now that I have heard your story, I am definitely going to get on their case tomorrow to find something for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
continuing on a thread above, I ordered an 08 DX back in FEB through the overseas diplomatic sales program. Supposedly my bike wont be delivered till DEC, unfortunately. I'm not sure why it is taking so long seeing how I ordered way back in FEB.

At any rate, once they announced in July that ABS was offered, I asked my salesman to add that option. He said because my name is already attached to a non-ABS DX, and seeing how the dip/military sales program only gets allotted so many bikes, that he would have to remove my name off of this particular bike and *hope* he can find one in the future, of which he said ABS wasnt on the bikes until "allocation 3", whatever that means. So, as he put it, if he can't get my name on a future bike, I might not get one at all - and seeing how popular the bike is, that is a real possibility.

Is this true, or like the above post said, can I make a phone call to someone to add the ABS option to my order? I just don't understand how they can't add the ABS to my order, seeing how its not even being built yet.

Puhlease someone comment on this possibility and how I would go about doing it if my salesman is feeding me a line of BS.

Thanks!!!

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
Good choice! You are gonna love it. Its a beautiful bike.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts