Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I hate all this high-tech electronic gimmicks and I like to remove as most as possible of this funny electronic stuff.....
is there a way to remove this Parts without a Error Code?
do I need a bypasses? can I made the bypasses by myself or can i order it somewhere?

also all this electronic Parts are at the Destroyer Cup VRod ??

thanks
mex
(sorry for the englisch, it's not my language, i hope you understand it :) )

are there bypasses if I buy a Powercomander (I know it's not available at the moment)

It's too big, i need the Space, so I like to remove it.

the Alarm ist not activatet, the Fob is at home, do I need a Antenna?

the Alarm ist not activatet, do I need a Siren?

i know, I can't remove the ECM... Hmmm.... i can put on a S&S Carburator :thumb:

...a Bike needs two Wheels and a Engine...

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
You are asking for a huge headache.

It is POSSIBLE to remove all your electronics and run the bike on a carburator, but you will lose a ton of performance, I would think. The problem is that with the velcity stack setup, a custom carburator would have to be made. It's no simple task, for sure.

It's possible to remove the TSSM and go with TSM. (Without security) but it is the same size, you gain nothing.

Using a race tuner, you can eliminate the oxygen sensors, I think Trask Turbo does that for the 2008 V-Rods with their turbo.

It is an exercise in futility to try to make this motorcycle something it is not. You really wouldn't gain much of anything, and you would loose power going with a carburated setup on this machine. :2cents:

The Destroyer has all of this electronics, and MORE with the 2 step launch box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@rjrivero
Thank you for the fast answer!
If I understand it correctly,... if i change the TSSM to the TSM I can remove the Siren and the Antenna ?
That's more than nothing, and this will make me a little happyer !

mex

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
dynojet sells O2 eliminators but when the powercommander is released for the 08's i'm sure they will be included in the kit

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Removing the O2 sensors does nothing to reduce the amount of "technology" on the bike. Aftermarket fueling devices may bypass them but you add yet another piece of electronics which seems counter intuitive to what he wants to do.

Replacing the TSSM, antenna and siren with a TSM would reduce the electronics footprint but you still have the TSM module which is the same size as the one you would be replacing.

Do as you wish but I think it's all an exercise in futility. If you want low tech then buy a low tech bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts