Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....Been reading that some are having a hard time finding DX's around, so when I visited Sheldon's HD for an oil change this morning, I noticed they had one.....sans ABS unfortunately....for sale. So just passing along.

They're asking $17,300.00 w/ the security system....
They also have a ton of scoots in the new anniversary (105th) colors w/ that cool copper-ish look....kinda grew on me, especially when I saw some full bagger all decked out in chrome and this setup.......wicked nice. Thay had a bike, stock, looked like spidermans bike....real cool.....and in their mini-museum area they had this real cool bike from the 20's (I think....) Will post those pics too if people want.....

·
Registered
519 Posts
Gripit_n_Ripit said:
.....Been reading that some are having a hard time finding DX's around, so when I visited Sheldon's HD for an oil change this morning, I noticed they had one.....sans ABS unfortunately....for sale. So just passing along.

They also have a ton of scoots in the new anniversary (105th) colors w/ that cool copper-ish look....kinda grew on me, especially when I saw some full bagger all decked out in chrome and this setup.......wicked nice. Thay had a bike, stock, looked like spidermans bike....real cool.....and in their mini-museum area they had this real cool bike from the 20's (I think....) Will post those pics too if people want.....

Ha Ha "Wicked" nice - reminds me of Massachusetts :).

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Every single dealer in MA has had at least one DX for some time now. None have ABS though.

Gripit_n_Ripit said:

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spinedoc said:
Every single dealer in MA has had at least one DX for some time now. None have ABS though.
Yeah...I've been readin' your pain, Doc....This month's "American Motorcyclist" had a great article I was reading at the dealership today on the new ABS system and how it works, tested by Buzz Buselli(<-sp?) @ Harleys "top secret" test facility......He's the guy that wrote the "Sportster Handbook" to performance mods that got me to start saving for my first American bike....my 1200 custom. Anyhow, lemme do some research, and if I can, I'll edit this with a link to that article......
It was all good as an aside.....the dude rigged up the test bike w/ an on/off switch to test the scoot over some sort of "Mu" (Harley's name for the course ...possibly scientific in nature...dunno;-) course...a test strip of super slick staggered and wet down ceramic tiles meant to emulate an icy road. Huge success....and better than all the foreign ABS systems if memory serves.....something about Harley's being the only ABS w/ independent wheel ABS capability....

Oh, and Rodent...yeah, I just realized how very Massachusetts "wicked" is....I must use that word 50 times a day......"Awsome" too...Ha!

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Yeah I finally found one in NH, hoping it arrives next week!

Gripit_n_Ripit said:
Yeah...I've been readin' your pain, Doc....This month's "American Motorcyclist" had a great article I was reading at the dealership today on the new ABS system and how it works, tested by Buzz Buselli(<-sp?) @ Harleys "top secret" test facility......He's the guy that wrote the "Sportster Handbook" to performance mods that got me to start saving for my first American bike....my 1200 custom. Anyhow, lemme do some research, and if I can, I'll edit this with a link to that article......
It was all good as an aside.....the dude rigged up the test bike w/ an on/off switch to test the scoot over some sort of "Mu" (Harley's name for the course ...possibly scientific in nature...dunno;-) course...a test strip of super slick staggered and wet down ceramic tiles meant to emulate an icy road. Huge success....and better than all the foreign ABS systems if memory serves.....something about Harley's being the only ABS w/ independent wheel ABS capability....

Oh, and Rodent...yeah, I just realized how very Massachusetts "wicked" is....I must use that word 50 times a day......"Awsome" too...Ha!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts