Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope im not the only one that is dissappointed in the new vrod models.dont care for the new fork setup, just doesnt look right to me. i do like the rocker !

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
They can't have major changes every year. Last year had some major changes to the VR lineup and this year wasn't all that bad. I for one am glad they added the ABS option and i like the new NR wheels. Maybe next year we'll finally see a REVO bagger.

·
I know,I know..apes?
506 Posts
Change is good, but I get a little frustrated when I spend money and TRY to be creative (by copying everyone on here), the seeing the exact same thing on the new year's models. I know I am no innovator, but here's an example. I worked my behind off for my new front wheel, had it powdercoated and now......the same thing is offered to anyone who buys the new nightrod. Argh!:stooge:

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
mmcc100 said:
Change is good, but I get a little frustrated when I spend money and TRY to be creative (by copying everyone on here), the seeing the exact same thing on the new year's models. I know I am no innovator, but here's an example. I worked my behind off for my new front wheel, had it powdercoated and now......the same thing is offered to anyone who buys the new nightrod. Argh!:stooge:
That would suck!

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
doylec said:
hope im not the only one that is dissappointed in the new vrod models.dont care for the new fork setup, just doesnt look right to me. i do like the rocker !

Its alright man the Vrod is still a great bike!!

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I like the new nightrod wheels.

·
Registered
108 Posts
doylec said:
i think for the AW guys the choice of all dark colors except pewter and 105th bike is disappointing.

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
The only thing that I honestly liked about the 08's was the slipper clutch. Got really used to in on my Gixxer when I had it. And would like to put in on my 05. The ABS is cool and all but since I can't honestly see any retrofit for it then ehhh. But have to agree it is a great step forward.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Demthios said:
The only thing that I honestly liked about the 08's was the slipper clutch. Got really used to in on my Gixxer when I had it. And would like to put in on my 05. The ABS is cool and all but since I can't honestly see any retrofit for it then ehhh. But have to agree it is a great step forward.
I don't understand the point of a slipper clutch on a V-Rod. It's kinda like a 6th gear IMHO. I guess somewhere someone thought it was a good idea, (give the people what they want). I bet a 6th gear will be along as soon as they figure out how to fit it in the trans. Now ABS is a good thing! I'm glad they are getting it!

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
mmcc100 said:
I love my 10-spokes. They're so rare and innovative...

·
using the baby revo
1,318 Posts
i still like the slotted discs.. but i'll settle for new stock D wheels.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
PLO231 said:
what is the new fork set up???
I'm with him, what new fork setup??????? It's the same front end that's been on the bikes for the last 6 years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts