Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my DX last week. I'm new to the forum, actually I'm now to riding period. I took my MSF basic course 2 weeks ago. Riding the Harley is definitely different than the 250cc that I learned on. So far I've put 250 miles on it. I think I had a bolt fall off the top belt cover, I'm not sure yet. I need to get it into the shop next week when I get back from the field. I've only seen one other V-Rod in the area so far.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and Welcome to the forum..
Enjoy the Ride ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Banned
405 Posts
Grats and welcome

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome and Congrats.

·
Registered
37 Posts
AHHHHHH FTE at Benning, what memories,( all bad). ETS is truly a beautiful thing.
Welcome.

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Thats the color stripes I wish would have come on my DX, but beggars can't be choosers. Welcome to the club and the dark side!!

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
Thanks for your service, great choice of rides, enjoy

·
using the baby revo
1,318 Posts
welcome, i'll need to get a bike endorsement and take the msf course to drive mine off the dealer lot when i get home. i learned on an 80cc back in the 80s and primarily rode scooters overseas until 2000 when i joined the army.

·
Strong Island
136 Posts
Congrats, Just be careful...There are two kinds of riders: Those who have had accidents, and those who are gonna have accidents. Try to break the mold and keep 'er scratch free!

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
:thumb: New riders on new Harleys. Double congrats and double welcome, to motorcycling and the V-Rod community.:thumb:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
JuggernautRod, your avatar looks awfully familiar... Does the rest of it involve a large piece or ordnance? Also does anyone know is more than one bolt that holds the drive belt cover in place? I'm going a week without riding it's going to be a sad week =(

Thanks

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Congrats on the bike!! Always make sure to check over your bolts, especially when it is brand new. I check my critical fastners every 500 miles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to the board, and riding. . . .. . . o~`o

. . . be careful out there -- find a deserted parking lot and practice your MSF drills on the DX.

Most of all HAVE FUN!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts