Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that some literature (Owner/Service manuals) states the 07' VRSCDX is a 1250cc bike and others say 1130cc. One of the service techs even told me that it was a 1250cc and showed me the documentation stating so. I checked the VIN and matched the engine codes to be 1130cc. I'm not sure who to believe. Is the 07' Night Rod Special purely cosmetic compared to its not so special brothers?

·
Registered
229 Posts
mike9961177 said:
I have noticed that some literature (Owner/Service manuals) states the 07' VRSCDX is a 1250cc bike and others say 1130cc. One of the service techs even told me that it was a 1250cc and showed me the documentation stating so. I checked the VIN and matched the engine codes to be 1130cc. I'm not sure who to believe. Is the 07' Night Rod Special purely cosmetic compared to its not so special brothers?
It's a 1130cc. Make sure that service tech doesn't work on your DX. The DX is just purely cosmetically different but waaaay badass IMHO.

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
I concur, the DX has an 1130. If your tech doesn't know that, you need another tech. It is true, the differences between the DX and other vrods are only cosmetic, but those cosmetics, are fantastic. By FAR the best looking rod in the lineup.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I bet he is mistaking DX for CX....I beleive the VRCX is 1250.

Dan

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
mike9961177 said:
Is the 07' Night Rod Special purely cosmetic compared to its not so special brothers?
All vrods are special, they just had to add it to the DX name so we would know :)

The 07 has more than cosmetic from prior years: bigger tank, keyless ignition and brembo brakes.

The DX has the bigger tires and lowered rear as compared to some other vrods in the 07 lineup.

Besides that, the 07 DX is just blacked out ;)

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
May not have a 1250 but sure deserves one! or even bigger as far as I am concerned. And I agree with most of you, The DX is bar far the best looking V-Rod to date next to my 02! HE HE HE!

·
GA. BOY
2,462 Posts
eleven thirty.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts