Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some bags for my 07' & it looks like only the new style cordura bags will fit? Has anyone here tried to fit the older Leather bags or even the hard bags on an 07' with the 240 rear tire?:wazzup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,084 Posts
cool... the wide get wider! :)

I don't think the original mounting brackets will work on a W because they're matched to the width of the standard fender. You could easily replace the cross member with a new (and likely more attractive) one if you were handy with a welder or had access to a decent machine shop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What Now?!?

OK, picked up some Hard Locking bags on Ebay & am now going to embark on a journey to figure out a way to mount them on my 07' VRSCAW. Any suggestions or thoughts from others are welcome:notworth:
 

·
Phil Z.
Joined
·
1,117 Posts
check my gallery. it takes a little fidgeting, but thet've been on for 7500 miles without a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brackets?

What brackets did you use?
 

·
Phil Z.
Joined
·
1,117 Posts
Gravitystorm said:
What brackets did you use?
don't know who you're asking, I had to make a set of brackets. but I used everyting else from the kit. I did have to take a scissorjack and spread the rear support to make it wide nough, but it really didn't take much. they're pretty sturdy, I carry about 12 pounds of tools in each one daily without any issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks zman, I was asking you! This is what I needed to know. :notworth:

zman said:
don't know who you're asking, I had to make a set of brackets. but I used everyting else from the kit. I did have to take a scissorjack and spread the rear support to make it wide nough, but it really didn't take much. they're pretty sturdy, I carry about 12 pounds of tools in each one daily without any issues.
 

·
Phil Z.
Joined
·
1,117 Posts
Gravitystorm said:
Thanks zman, I was asking you! This is what I needed to know. :notworth:
glad to help. it seems I had to do a little shaping on the bolt heads to get them into the same shape as the stock ones. let me know if you decide to do them. I can help with how I did the brackets and such.
 

·
Life's Circle
Joined
·
6,040 Posts
have you checked out the new Corbin bags for the 07' AW?
They are called Fleetliner...hard color matched bags.
 

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
Joined
·
3,944 Posts
starrzzz said:
have you checked out the new Corbin bags for the 07' AW?
They are called Fleetliner...hard color matched bags.
They are expensive!! I have some on my 04 A. Look in my gallery
 

·
Darth Veeness
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
Gravitystorm said:
OK, picked up some Hard Locking bags on Ebay & am now going to embark on a journey to figure out a way to mount them on my 07' VRSCAW. Any suggestions or thoughts from others are welcome:notworth:
Harley sells a mounting system for the 07 wide frame bikes. It is a bit pricey ($250) PN91432-07 says it fits 07 and later AWs, DXs and CX models.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
tagrat said:
Harley sells a mounting system for the 07 wide frame bikes. It is a bit pricey ($250) PN91432-07 says it fits 07 and later AWs, DXs and CX models.
Has anyone here installed these? I wonder how bad the kit looks when the bags are removed? I really want a quick disconnect mounting system and would love any advice. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think these brackets will work with the older style ridgid bags...will they?
 

·
Third of 4
Joined
·
289 Posts
I have the cordura bags and HD mounting system on my 07 VRSCAW. Bags remove quickly, but the mounts are pretty obvious. I also have the Corbin bags on order. I don’t think the Corbin bags are ‘quick disconnect’ – there seems to be three mounting points on each bag – and as of now, have no idea what the mounting system looks like with the bags removed. Once I get the Corbins, the cordura bags and mounting system will be available, if anyone is interested.
 

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
Joined
·
7,066 Posts
Jetgod said:
They are expensive!! I have some on my 04 A. Look in my gallery
VERY Nice! How permanent are they? How ugly is the bracket with them removed? And did you need to buy any other hardware/HD brackets, or they came with everything?
 

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
Joined
·
3,944 Posts
spinedoc said:
VERY Nice! How permanent are they? How ugly is the bracket with them removed? And did you need to buy any other hardware/HD brackets, or they came with everything?
They come with everything and each side has three acorn nuts and washers holding them on. Easily take them off in five minutes. Here is a pic with the bags off. Link The brackets don't look too bad especially on a black bike. The HD saddle bag brackets can come off as the Corbin mount is totally different. I was going to buy the Boss Bags but came across these and I am very happy with them!
 

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
Joined
·
7,066 Posts
Very clean looking. I can see the 2 bolts under the fender, but where is the 3rd attaching point? More pics might show up better if you have the time.

Jetgod said:
They come with everything and each side has three acorn nuts and washers holding them on. Easily take them off in five minutes. Here is a pic with the bags off. Link The brackets don't look too bad especially on a black bike. The HD saddle bag brackets can come off as the Corbin mount is totally different. I was going to buy the Boss Bags but came across these and I am very happy with them!
 

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
Joined
·
7,066 Posts
Oh never mind, I see the 3rd bolt by the license plate. Pretty slick system. I wonder if a 260 on a 8" would interfere with those brackets.
 

·
I FINALLY GOT BOOST!
Joined
·
3,944 Posts
spinedoc said:
Oh never mind, I see the 3rd bolt by the license plate. Pretty slick system. I wonder if a 260 on a 8" would interfere with those brackets.
I believe the new bags are wider but I have a 200 and it works well
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top