Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all having a issue with my 07 my vrsca after a ride I parked up got back on my bike rode allgood then went to down shift got 1st gear and wont come out of 1st just thought I would ask hear for some insight before taking into shop thanks all any insight would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
first thing would be to check the linkage between the shift pedal and the engine. Make sure the joints are crud free and move freely.

·
VRSC est -03
2,893 Posts
Yep, as John says, if you`re lucky its only some dirt stuck in heimjoints, needs some dry lube from time to time. Side stand bushing too folks...

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
If you grease up those Heim joints they will just collect dust and dirt. Use a dry lube or nothing. Just make sure they are real clean and the ball rolls around freely. They don't get much wear and tear.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
I find it hard to believe a sticky linkage system would prevent shifting out of 1st. It would have to seize up rock solid for that to happen. Problem might lie deeper in the the trans.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Not necessarily preventing it but making it difficult to shift using the normal top of foot to pull it up.
I have experienced this issue. Could not shift using just my foot to upshift. Cleaned Heim joints and all was well.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Not necessarily preventing it but making it difficult to shift using the normal top of foot to pull it up.
I have experienced this issue. Could not shift using just my foot to upshift. Cleaned Heim joints and all was well.
I can see it if the shift peg won't come back up to ratchet the next gear but there was no mention of that. Too often people leave out the fine details and have us chasing the wrong direction.
Ron

·
Registered
834 Posts
Sounds like a Broken ratchet arm. I ran across 2 of these when I was repairing V-Rods.

Reactions: streetrodracer
1 - 12 of 12 Posts