Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any info on what I could do to get my bike to not have a little miss fire from 3000 to 4000 rpms, I took the mufflers off and put 6" Pipes on, K&N, Topless, Power Commander 111. Only happens on hair throttle. Under 3000 runs fine and over 4000 is fine I have done everything with the computer and cannot get it right. thanks

·
Premium Member
11,364 Posts
Might want to tune that PCIII. There are several maps on this forum that will help.

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
Try adding 3 or 4 points of fuel in the rpm range where it is missing at the 2.5% to 7% throttle settings. If it gets worse then go the other way and remove 3 to 4 points from where you started in the same areas.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Elgavilan said:
Try adding 3 or 4 points of fuel in the rpm range where it is missing at the 2.5% to 7% throttle settings. If it gets worse then go the other way and remove 3 to 4 points from where you started in the same areas.

Mike
Mike
I am not real familiar with the power com I know going up or down on it increases or decreases 10% fuel range what exactly is points. would light throttle be considered low range and how do I adjust it on points and which one would you recommend.

Terrall

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
Did you load a map on the PCIII when you installed it? If so, use the computer to adjust the values in the map in the cells needed, save the map and reload it into the PCIII. Take it for a test ride and see if it improved then make further adjustments from there.

If your PCIII came with a map preinstalled, then go to the PC web site and download the program for the PCIIIusb. Hook up your computer to your PC and download the map, make the changes, save, and upload back to the PC.

To make all this easier read the info on the PC website and get familiar with how it works.

You could also adjust the fuel with the buttons on the front of the PCIII but that is a much more global adjustment. I believe the buttons divide up the rpm range into 3rds so you would adjust the first button for the low end and middle button for the upper end. Try 2 lines at a time on the adustments.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elgavilan said:
Did you load a map on the PCIII when you installed it? If so, use the computer to adjust the values in the map in the cells needed, save the map and reload it into the PCIII. Take it for a test ride and see if it improved then make further adjustments from there.

If your PCIII came with a map preinstalled, then go to the PC web site and download the program for the PCIIIusb. Hook up your computer to your PC and download the map, make the changes, save, and upload back to the PC.

To make all this easier read the info on the PC website and get familiar with how it works.

You could also adjust the fuel with the buttons on the front of the PCIII but that is a much more global adjustment. I believe the buttons divide up the rpm range into 3rds so you would adjust the first button for the low end and middle button for the upper end. Try 2 lines at a time on the adustments.

Mike
thanks mike I will go home and do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts