Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
sounds more and more like the bike is maybe starting up in limp-home-mode, until a out of range sensor warms up. then the restart recal lets it run normal when warm.
More detail please! What is "limp home mode"? What does "out of range sensor mean"....btw...the dealership has recieved other complaints on this issue with other Night rod specials...not other v-rods, but specifically night rod specials.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
a few people with the T-Max had this issue, makes me think that just maybe it had nothing to do with the t-max but a sensor or s-thing.
keep us posted and i hope you work things out

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Dealer just contacted me today (they really are great....Chesapeake Harley Davidson (shameless plug). Another nightrod special was exhibiting the same issue. Problem may be solved through some more detailed tuning with the SERT especially in the 1000 to 2000 rpm range. My problem has slowly gotten worse. Bike no longer settles in after a "reboot" when fully warm. Got about 1000 miles to go before the 10000 service..plan to limp along until then unless problem gets too intense.

·
Rain SUCKS!
35 Posts
having a similar issue on my 07 night rod. Every now and then it will stall when warm. It will stall the instant I apply throttle at a stop light. It has only happened a couple times though. No codes. Bike is stock with only 4000 miles.

·
Banned
1,016 Posts
I figured out what mine was last year. It was due to my IAT sensor not seeing enough air flow. I Just had it laying in the bottom of the topless airbox. After I laid it over the battery so that it could sit just behind the neck of the frame no more stalling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Im having same prob same mods but with out any high idle and its so random drove all day w no problems then the next day it starts again pulled over at a gas station got a drink drove home w no problems

41 - 49 of 49 Posts