Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a couple of days I'm going to put a poll up about the 07 fuel gauges. I want to know specific things. Did it read higher then the actual fuel level? Did it read lower then the actual fuel level? Did the problem occur after sitting or while going down the road and very specific how long after you started the bike did it happen. I know the guys at HD are working with the problem now and there is a huge lack of good data on what is going on. I know they monitor our site so I'm hoping we can gather some information for them to aid in resolving this matter. I do know dealers are replacing sensors but it isn't fixing them. There are a few out there with a true problem of not enough vent holes in them but I think most of those have been corrected.

Thanks and start collecting some data for us and watch for the poll. You guys with early models just break out the scotch brite pads. :rofl:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Awesome.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
thanks for the early warning.. now I have a few days to get my story straight

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
laconia76 said:
add a spot for Both, after read higher / read lower
Thanks, thats the kind of information I'm looking for to post this. They may be doing all kinds of crazy things.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
Cool. My two 07's started 4000 miles and two months apart. Looking foward to the poll.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Do you think you could add an option for free scotch bright pads for us early year riders? :D

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Maybe add "broken - awaiting parts from MoCo" to the list.

Heck mine is all over the place, reading low some days, reading high other. Sometimes it will go from empty to well over full than back to below empty in the same ride. Told the dealer, "broke, need fixin!"

·
Registered
597 Posts
mines at the deler right now for that very complaint

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
KenG said:
Maybe add "broken - awaiting parts from MoCo" to the list.

Heck mine is all over the place, reading low some days, reading high other. Sometimes it will go from empty to well over full than back to below empty in the same ride. Told the dealer, "broke, need fixin!"
If your bike has a fuel gauge issue I don't suggest letting it sit at the dealer waiting for parts. IMHO they don't know what is wrong with it. Get the bike back set the trip meter and wait until you read about a real fix before you waste time taking it back. As far as I know there is nothing a dealer can do right now but throw parts at it and they simply are not fixing them.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Max said:
If your bike has a fuel gauge issue I don't suggest letting it sit at the dealer waiting for parts. IMHO they don't know what is wrong with it. Get the bike back set the trip meter and wait until you read about a real fix before you waste time taking it back. As far as I know there is nothing a dealer can do right now but throw parts at it and they simply are not fixing them.
Max,

I have the bike, just that there is such a demand for the parts to "fix" the problem they are on backorder from MoCo.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KenG said:
Max,

I have the bike, just that there is such a demand for the parts to "fix" the problem they are on backorder from MoCo.
Thats my point, there is no part to fix it right now. New units are not fixing the problem, there really isn't a fix as we know it because there isn't enough data about what is going wrong with them.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts

·
Out to Lunch
801 Posts
hmmm, I'll have to start paying closer attention to mine. I've only had one instance where it read lower thank actual (like I dumped a gallon or two) and then after some time it went back up to normal. It was almost as if the sensor had been stuck for awhile. Since them all's well.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
bump

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
Max said:
I think the 08 is the same thing still.
Just surprised that an '08 is exhibiting this problem already. Took mine about 4 months before it started going wacky.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts