Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode the bike to FuelMoto Little Chute, WI today to get my PCV dialed in today and WOW! The base map they sent me was ok but had some decel pop and I could tell it was just a little off so seeing how I only live 35 min away I set up a dyno tune. I had them give me 2 maps. One for fuel economy and one for horse power. Heres the maps but first here are the results...

07 VRSCDX/Bub7 2-1, K&N, PC5
Base Map I got with PC5: 106.23 Max Power, 73.06 Max Torque

Custom Map after Dyno tune(Top On): 112.23, 77.86

Custom Map after Dyno tune (Topless): 112.77, 79.21

P.S. Bike kicks ass after the Dyno Tune! No decel pop with these maps what so ever...smooth as silk!

Attachments

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
is this with the auto tune or not? i'll bet you start running topless just to piss your neighbors off.
Why will that piss off the neighbors? I don't get it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not with the Auto Tune but these maps can be used with the auto tune and the auto tune, from what I understand will make corrections to fine tune during weather changes temperature changes etc...

LL Cool K...I live on the east shore of Lake Winnebago (Stockbridge!) and the beach road I live on has alot of retired people on it, in another thread I posted I talked about topless vs with top on and topless is WAY louder. Even the Dyno guy with his hearing protection on admitted topless was a huge difference. Although Im still thinking about painting "leaf blower" on the side of my Bub7 just to piss them off for blowing leafs when Im sleeping! :D

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Topless is not way louder... it's just the intake roar you hear when you're at full throttle. Somebody is feeding you a line of :bs:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybee not way louder in a big city Like Milwaukee, but up here in the country even the deer are flipping me off LOL, but I will say for my area it is loud enough. I am going to drill 1 1/2 inch holes in the top to allow for better air intake however and see how that sounds.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
You're going to hear the same sound. What quiets down the intake is the snorkel.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So leaving the top on but providing more intake by drilling the holes should give me that extra 2 lbs of torque Im missing with the top on but keep it not as loud at the same time (Im hopeing). Im going to the hardware store in about 15 minutes to get a 1 1/2" circle bit and when Im done Ill let you know what I think.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
The minute you cut open the top, you have defeated the snorkel, therefore, more noise.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
During normal riding, the additional sound is negligible, and I don't think anyone is going to hear the difference as you ride down the block. If you run @ wide open throttle, they may hear it, but I doubt if it is 1 additional decibel.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got back from hardware store and as luck would have it my neighbor to my south was there and I asked him when he got back home to let me know so I could do some drive buy checks with top off and top on. LL, the reason Im making this a big deal is I am a bar manager/bartender and get home some times at 330am.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
screw the neighborhood! just take the top off and ride it! i'm sure your neighbors have pissed you off before. karma can be a real bitch huh? besides shouldn't all the retired people be heading south by now?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys are right...I had both my neighbors listening and neither one of them herd any difference at all (I was even red lining all the gears) even thought it sounds louder (but not bad) to me riding it. Thanks LL and red for the persistance on this one, Im going topless!

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Hooray!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
818 Posts
Big thumbs up!!!!

Rode the bike to FuelMoto Little Chute, WI today to get my PCV dialed in today and WOW! The base map they sent me was ok but had some decel pop and I could tell it was just a little off so seeing how I only live 35 min away I set up a dyno tune. I had them give me 2 maps. One for fuel economy and one for horse power. Heres the maps but first here are the results...

07 VRSCDX/Bub7 2-1, K&N, PC5
Base Map I got with PC5: 106.23 Max Power, 73.06 Max Torque

Custom Map after Dyno tune(Top On): 112.23, 77.86

Custom Map after Dyno tune (Topless): 112.77, 79.21

P.S. Bike kicks ass after the Dyno Tune! No decel pop with these maps what so ever...smooth as silk!
Thanks for spending your money and using your time and posting your maps......this helps me with my study in finding solutions to problems. Not to mention all thos that will benefit from your maps.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On EDIT: Please note that these are not AT friendly maps. There are no AFR tables in these maps.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Please take note on one thing I have seen with your map. I am not sure why but for some reason there is a minus 24 for fuel at 6750 rpm at 20% throttle on your horsepower map. That is a little concerning as it shows as a zero on your economy map and all the other numbers in close rows/columns are mostly positive and small. I have seen where numbers like that will cause a problem.

This is just my observation and opinion and in no way meant to bash anyone. The possibility of running at this exact point for any length of time to cause an issue is very remote. I just believe that there was a mistake made when entering the numbers.

I do like what they did for your economy map. You lose nothing up top!!!!! with room for more improvement on both maps.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah good point...the base map that I got with the PC5 had a huge dip in horse power around 3600 rpm and then again at 6500-6800 rpm, I wonder if thats why he did that or if it was just a typo, Ill give them a call Monday and see what they say, also I have the print out sheets and it shows the graf of the AFR but no exact numbers, Ill ask if they have that info too.

He told me I probably wouldnt even notice the difference between the economy and the HP, so Im just running the economy. Ive put on about another 500 miles since this dyno tune and I have not heard decel pop once and shes running better than ever before. She is a lil slow to warm up but once she does, she screams...wish I was back in Germany on the Autobahn or the Black Forest...Wisconsin roads suck ass.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yeah good point...the base map that I got with the PC5 had a huge dip in horse power around 3600 rpm and then again at 6500-6800 rpm, I wonder if thats why he did that or if it was just a typo, Ill give them a call Monday and see what they say, also I have the print out sheets and it shows the graf of the AFR but no exact numbers, Ill ask if they have that info too.

He told me I probably wouldnt even notice the difference between the economy and the HP, so Im just running the economy. Ive put on about another 500 miles since this dyno tune and I have not heard decel pop once and shes running better than ever before. She is a lil slow to warm up but once she does, she screams...wish I was back in Germany on the Autobahn or the Black Forest...Wisconsin roads suck ass.
Unlikely that they would be able to pinpoint that one spot on the graph, but good possiblity of a typo, especially comparing your maps.

The reason it stuck out for me was I was comparing the maps to see what/where they had made specific changes and that was the only change in that area..

If you want to compare the maps easily, do a copy of one map, open the other and in this case just put your copied map under your ignition tab and you can easily swap back and forth to see the changes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts