Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hadn't heard anything from the dealer I ordered my baseplate from, so gave H-D a call to find out the delay. They emailed me a list of possible dealers that may have them in stock. I called one for the heck of it and sure enough, they had one in stock. I called the place I had ordered mine from a few weeks ago and sure enough, it was going out for shipping today.
So, looks like good news on the black baseplate front. I already had the luggage rack and now am waiting until after this show in Nashville to see if they are going to come out with a black mini sissybar like the chrome one they have for other models. Just large enough to strap crap to.

Just in case anyone is interested or has had one on order.
 

·
Back in Black
Joined
·
212 Posts
pacanis said:
I already had the luggage rack and now am waiting until after this show in Nashville to see if they are going to come out with a black mini sissybar like the chrome one they have for other models. Just large enough to strap crap to.

Just in case anyone is interested or has had one on order.
The accessories catalog shows a black mini sissybar which is supposed to
fit the 07. My dealer couldn't find a part number when I ordered the bike
last year.

Can anyone confirm that it is available and fits ?

Thanks
Drew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they said Nashville. Something's going on somewhere where some dealers told me they were sending a couple people to and would know when they got back if a mini was going to be offered for an '07 dx.

I've seen the shorter one, the one you could put a pad on and it's not bad, but would just as soon have tyhe mini you see here http://www.harley-davidson.com/browse/browse_products.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309149304&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448767801&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309065646&bmUID=1183803298621&bmLocale=en_US
 

·
knit whit
Joined
·
1,413 Posts
Harley did not make a black mini sissy bar for the DX only a chrome one 51177-06. I got this one and had it powdercoated. They did make a low sissy bar for the backrest pad 51313-07. FYI the mounting hardware is not black either only chrome. Doesn't make any sense to make a black bike and not make all the accessories available in black including the hardware.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Off of backorder!!!!!!!

I work at the Harley plant in K.C. and I was told that the baseplates are now off of backorder the they sent out all backorders to the dealers last week and this week. So be looking for them. I got mine on Thursday, yeah!!!!!!!
 

·
Back in Black
Joined
·
212 Posts
Thanks for the info widdlewunn.

What I want is described on the HD site as a "Cast Mini Upright".

The HD website confusingly lists the Cast Mini Upright For One-Piece Luggage Rack - Gloss Black 51215-05 as available on the "Shop for your bike" for
the 07 DX.

Then qualifies it with:

Fits VRSC™ models equipped with One-Piece Luggage Rack P/N 51209-05 or 51210-05.

Of course for the 07 DX you need Gloss Black Luggage Rack 51142-04A
and Fender Base Plate Kit 51220-07 which don't fit the cast mini upright.

I've already sacrificed enough in the form/function equation with the
bags and screen. I was prepared to put the luggage rack and baseplate
on to support something which didn't stick up far but I don't want a big
sissy bar sticking up the back.

Lets hope they add this as an option in the 08 catalog.


widdlewunn said:
Harley did not make a black mini sissy bar for the DX only a chrome one 51177-06. I got this one and had it powdercoated. They did make a low sissy bar for the backrest pad 51313-07. FYI the mounting hardware is not black either only chrome. Doesn't make any sense to make a black bike and not make all the accessories available in black including the hardware.
 

·
On the dark side
Joined
·
174 Posts
I ordered the plate & sissy bar for my DX but didn't buy it -- instead I bought a SE Road King. Let's just say the dealer was understanding about me reneging on my order :)

But that said, as of last week I know the parts were still in stock here.

Drew, if you can't find anything in Oz and you want my canceled order, I'd pick it up & ship it to you, assuming it's still in stock, at cost. If you want specific part numbers, let me know. But it was a short sissy bar with a small lower back pad, the one they show on the HD website under "customize" for the DX. If you want it, let me know soon since I'm out of town most of the next two weeks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
harleymaker2 said:
I work at the Harley plant in K.C. and I was told that the baseplates are now off of backorder the they sent out all backorders to the dealers last week and this week. So be looking for them. I got mine on Thursday, yeah!!!!!!!
I hope they sent some to Australia.. I have been waiting for mine :moped:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got mine yesterday and put it on, along with the luggage rack I already had. I found the directions sucked and don't quite understand why you get dummy bolts for where the luggage rack goes, but not where a sissy bar bolts to, but it's on and all is good.
I miss the look of the fender naked, but the rack was much needed and you need the baseplate to mount it to.
 

·
Back in Black
Joined
·
212 Posts
mc 88 said:
I hope they sent some to Australia.. I have been waiting for mine :moped:
Check with your dealer. Mine arrived here last week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Baseplate on Ebay

There is a Baseplate on Ebay for sell, actually cheaper than the dealer. 25% off. There is only two days left, so log on and search 51220-07. Hope this helps someone out. Although I paid more for mine.:D
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top