Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so one of my friends finally got a bike (ninja) and wants to race, says he'll smoke me in a 1/4 mile. true? worth the effort? I wasnt going to race him untill he started talking shit about the ROD. Remember dude's a new rider but im new to draging. let me know what you think. maybe some pointers wouldnt help (tire press., launching rpm, etc.) thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should** :stilpoke: yeah and i didnt start anything. just trying to defend our name.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
dragmaster240 said:
Should** :stilpoke: yeah and i didnt start anything. just trying to defend our name.

Yeah yeah, it's been a long day. Just for that I'll let you get your a$$ whooped next time. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
love to learn the hard way :lick:

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Put shot of :nos on it and then race em'. Remember thrust to weight ratio. We weigh 670.0 lbs. give or take (stock) plus rider and they weigh 375 pounds (stock ZX-10) plus the rider... We have a lot more weight to move!

Here are the specs on a 98 ZX-9 . [email protected], with torque of 67.4ft/lb'[email protected] Wet weight was 477lb's.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
ninja 900??? thats an OLD terd isnt it?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what i thought and in 98 they were about 514lbs, not that it matters. i thought the rod would pull a massive hole-shot?

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Maybe for the first 100 ft. If you know what your doing. Then it's all over.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
dragmaster240 said:
thats what i thought and in 98 they were about 514lbs, not that it matters. i thought the rod would pull a massive hole-shot?

The VR is not really a fast bike. Put it next to an aircooled bike and it is, but a sportbike will smoke it in most cases. Even most 600cc sportbikes with a good rider can take the V unless you do some work to it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
ninja 900??? thats an OLD terd isnt it?
:them: 98 zx 900 suks :2cents: he might beat you but tell him to get a real rice rocket :bolt I smoked a few 9's on my 98 gsxr 750!!!!!!!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
The VR is not really a fast bike. Put it next to an aircooled bike and it is, but a sportbike will smoke it in most cases. Even most 600cc sportbikes with a good rider can take the V unless you do some work to it.
:them: :them: My wife smokes me on a roll (25-45mph) on her FZ6. I can take her off the line thats cause I'm better at launching my VR. She's still gettin' use to her bike (keepin' the front end down).

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
gstern75 said:
:them: 98 zx 900 suks :2cents: he might beat you but tell him to get a real rice rocket :bolt I smoked a few 9's on my 98 gsxr 750!!!!!!!
dont get me wrong i cant stand suzuki's (its a yamaha thing) but the zx9's werent all that impressive. Good wheelie bikes though.

to the original poster:
I dont think you will win, but it isnt gonna be a massacre like you may think.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i might change this to a race for braging rights, not $$$. for some reason i thought the V had a major drag advantage because of the long-a$$ wheel-base. guess not

·
Registered
878 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
dont get me wrong i cant stand suzuki's (its a yamaha thing) but the zx9's werent all that impressive. Good wheelie bikes though.

to the original poster:
I dont think you will win, but it isnt gonna be a massacre like you may think.
Dont be a hater!!!! Id challenge you but I just sold the gix on monday....any changes for Sat bye the way??

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Remember... A V-Rod "looks" like a drag bike. It's A drag race inspired cruiser.... not racer. Want to race? Race other cruisers. Ooor buy a Destroyer and kick everyones arse!:D

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
gstern75 said:
Dont be a hater!!!! Id challenge you but I just sold the gix on monday....any changes for Sat bye the way??
yeah yeah... you just are scared cause you know I still own my R1 too!:notworth:

sat is still on.. meeting there around 10:00 (i'll be there about 30 minutes early though)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
damn it...here goes my life savings on a turbo :broke: although his bike isnt even worth what a turbo would run.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
If he is a new rider you may have a shot. Doubt he will be able to launch well and keep the tire down. If yur going to run, Id do it sooner than later.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts