Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 VRSCA model that exhibits a loud whirring noise that changes pitch with engine rpm. The noise becomes a loud chirping sound at between 2500 and 3000 rpm. Above that the pitch changes so that the sound becomes much less noticable. This sound occurs regardless of whether the bike is in gear moving or setting still in neutral or with the clutch engaged. Anyone notice a similar situation with their VROD?

·
Go IRISH!
727 Posts
Are you serious Clark?? The V-Rod engine makes allot of noise with the valves almost sounds turbo to the "other" side. Also might want to introduce yourself.
:welcome:

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
mine sounds like a typical motor most of the time, however around 5500 it sounds like it is gonna fall apart! LOL

·
Registered
277 Posts
JTHVRODWV said:
I have a 2006 VRSCA model that exhibits a loud whirring noise that changes pitch with engine rpm. The noise becomes a loud chirping sound at between 2500 and 3000 rpm. Above that the pitch changes so that the sound becomes much less noticable. This sound occurs regardless of whether the bike is in gear moving or setting still in neutral or with the clutch engaged. Anyone notice a similar situation with their VROD?
I had the same noise in my '03A... so I stroked it.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
I noticed the "whirring" sound mainly from the left side of my bike when it was new. I believe it is the cam chains (there are a total of three cam chains) running across the tensioners and the gears. I really don't notice it anymore. The Revolution motor does have many sounds but no single sound seems to standout unless you purposely listen to it, at least on my bike.

·
Open up and say AHH!
343 Posts
JTHVRODWV said:
i CANT HEAR ANYTHING ABOVE MY PIPES.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts