Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife bought me a set of TAB slash cut slip ons for my upcoming bday. Recommendations? I searched and found nothing but conflicting and possibly outdated info. I read about tuner company that you give your info to and they send it programmed for your set up. I can't find the thread on my phone to save my ass.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Aftermarket tuners use 02 sensors for that year. Be it Thundermax, Dynojet, Daytona Twin Tech, ect.
The stock ecm can be rewired for later 02 setup like the 2008 model, but you you would still need to install 02 bungs, unlock and reprogram the ECM to utilize the feedback system. You can't just wire in 02 sensors and XIED and think your ready to go.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Thought I had replied to this already, but the company you are looking for is fuel moto. They have some really decent maps available and will sell you the modules pre flashed based on your mods. A great starting point for future dyno tuning should you decide to go further.

·
Registered
126 Posts
It was my understanding that you could add 02 sensors.
I believe the newer bikes with stock O2 sensors are factory tuned leaner than your bike. They only run closed loop in cruise. This was done to lower emissions and that's not going to improve drivability. Plus they still run open loop during exceleration. The difference are bikes without O2 sensors run open loop all the time. That is were a tuner will allow you to load or use a preconfigured installed tune from Dynojet, Fuel Moto or tinker your self to change the fuel map. Example my VRSCR with V&H 2 into 1 exhaust with an old PC3 likes more fuel. I'm using a map I downloaded from this forum and it runs much better in the spring and fall. It's still lean I think in the Summer heat. If I had a PCV I would enable the diagnostic abilities to read J1850 Harley ECM data. That would allow me to trouble shoot the sensor data using my laptop. Maybe I have a bad sensor that needs to be replaced. Maybe if the sensors are ok I need to adjust my tune for summer. Sounds like if the richer tune for summer doesn't work I need to update to a PCV?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts