Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How fat of a rear tire can I put in a stock swing ARM I have a stock 180 now???? Any one know!!!!! Would like to go wider
Sent from my HTC 3d

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
I have been using the 200 Metzler since the first tire change. Works very well and is the largest you can go without surgery. You might need to trim the belt guard on the bottom a bit for clearance. I believe the 200 makes the bike handle better and feels better suspension wise. I keep it at 39 pounds for single riding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post some sales men were trying to tell me that I could go never than a 200 I didn't think so again thanks for the help rods for life!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going on a secret ride to nite with aboit 18-19 guys. Should be a good time

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be the only "V ROD" there but that is what makes it fun - smoke them if you got them-

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far I love it got about 200 miles on it and it is so sticky can't wait to bring it down the drag strip than we will see how it goes it ways a little more but it is a nice handeling tire I shoulda got 1 years ago you might have to trim a little bit on your dog guard on the bottom depending w:moped:what you have for belgard e:moped:

·
LOS ANGELES
1,755 Posts
Did you have to trim anything?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ko I didn't have to trim enything butt it is real close I don't think I can slide a critic card between the tire and the belt guard it's real close real tight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts