Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any difference in confort and riding position between the SE seat and the stock B seat?

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
None that I could tell. I have had both bikes.

·
Now on a VRSCDX!!!
604 Posts
I am almost positive the SE seat was Gel-Filled 99 percent sure. It is the most comftable Vrod seat I have ever sat on (granted haven't had a Sundowner yet)

·
Registered
17 Posts
just bought a sundowner seat love it.had the original seat gel -ed

could only ride about an hour until the buns started to hurt.

rode 2. 5 hour on sundowner buns were fine .
planing a longer trip have to wait until it get a little warmer

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
The original SE seat did not have gel. I had mine apart and there is only foam with a thin foam pad on top.

·
(George)
40 Posts
just bought a sundowner seat love it.had the original seat gel -ed

could only ride about an hour until the buns started to hurt.

rode 2. 5 hour on sundowner buns were fine .
planing a longer trip have to wait until it get a little warmer
Is there any difference in riding position with the sundowner vs. the SE seat?

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
The sundowner seems to sit you up a little straighter.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I am almost positive the SE seat was Gel-Filled 99 percent sure. It is the most comftable Vrod seat I have ever sat on (granted haven't had a Sundowner yet)
I don't know about the gel part of the 05' SE seat,but in my opinion its the most comfortable. Previous to buying the present SE I have now,I had an 02' and tried pretty much every seat out there looking for some comfort(tallboy,sundowner,several other stock model versions). I finally settled with the 05' SE seat cause it was the only one that was halfway comfortable after riding 100mls. Hence why I'm looking for one for the 05' SE I just bought and presently have the tallboy for sale. Thanks----Ken

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
The SE seat seems to be a little wider than most stockers, is that so? Question: is there any difference in width between the pillions? I'm looking for a narrower one for a 180 fender...

·
Registered
710 Posts
From what I've seen and remember Fabster the rear of the 05' SE seat is of the slim design vs. the wider touring pillions.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
If I remember right the was a skinny & a touring pilion for the 05 se seat. I have the skinny rear and its similar to a stock seat.
Indeed it's narrower than the touring pillions, but I got a 03 stock seat and after mocking it over the fender I'm under the impression the pillion is wider than the CVO, I'll have to check and compare both...

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm in the market for an 05' SE seat if ya know anyone wanting to get rid of one. I presently have a tallboy on my SE that I want to sell/trade. Thanks----Ken

1 - 16 of 16 Posts