Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking for some info on Buying Electric Orange paint for my 2005 VRSCE. I called the "No Help" help line at Harley and its a Secret as too what and how they painted these bikes. Dam shame you pay all this money to own a Harley and you can't even get paint or a code for them. Think they should be required to make it available under the freedom of information act, especially to an owner .

Enough venting;

I need any help or advice as to where I can purchase this paint. I tried local Dupont dealer and ended up with a washed out version, The Sikkens Color match Camera could even read it. PPG number I got from local dealer wasn't a good number according to PPG distributor.

I'm trying to get my Corbin Bags painted and a fender scratch repaired so any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

·
Kidzap
1,065 Posts
Posted elsewhere on the net:

If you want something painted call Jeff Thiesen at GC Paint. He painted a custom chin spoiler for my 09 cvo FB. Perfect match. I went through the same thing and got lucky finding Gunslinger customs. They are great to work with. The paint Harley uses for the CVO's is Sherwin Williams planet color but you will not get any information on any of the paint codes. Trust me it doesnt matter who you know! I have a good friend at Sherwin W. and he could not find out. These are highly guarded secrets for some reason. Also one more thing to note is that even if you did have the paint code some of these colors have multiple coats of paint and clears with metalics and to get the paint process right is just as hard as finding the paint codes. Any way here is the information for anybody that wants their CVO painted the right color.
Gunslinger Customs
830 Pine Ridge Road
Golden, Co 80403
(303)225-0854 Local
(877)834-5640 Toll Free
(303)468-6274 Fax

And this:

Here is the Dupont Chroma Premier formula for Electric Orange. If you take this to any Dupont Automotive Paint store they will be able to mix for you. I work for Dupont and have access to alot of Harley colors. Hope this helps anyone looking for this particular color. If anyone needs an another color, i will try to help you. Remember, this is a tri-coat color ( orange base with pearl mid coat. This is a pint formula. If you have any questions let me know. This formula was just released 12/18/09. :2vrolijk_21:

GROUND COAT COLOR
ingredient Descripition Amount Cummulative
853 J RED ORNAGE 153.1 GRAMS
843 J BRIGHT YELLOW 164.9 GRAMS
801 J HS WHITE 168.4 GRAMS
862 J TRANSPARENT RED 169.8 GRAMS
62320 F BINDER 380.3 GRAMS
62330 F BALANCER 443.8 GRAMS

PEARL MID COAT COLOR

4530 S FLOP CONTROL AGENT 13.0 GRAMS
1021 S SUNBEAM GOLD EFX 15.1 GRAMS
62330 F BALANCER 430.3 GRAMS

Hope this helps and Good Luck

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Hucknfarley
Hey I work for Sikkens and the camera should read the color unless it is a three stage candy or pearl. Those colors are problematics for all cameras. The camera may only find the ground coat and you have to spray "let down" panels to get the actual amount of pearl or candy. Not promising I can help but I may be able to point you in a direction ... The next option would be to find a vehicle color that is close as a reference.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info! Going to take the Dupont formular to local jobber and see what it looks like .

Thanks again

Jay

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Posted elsewhere on the net:

If you want something painted call Jeff Thiesen at GC Paint. He painted a custom chin spoiler for my 09 cvo FB. Perfect match. I went through the same thing and got lucky finding Gunslinger customs. They are great to work with. The paint Harley uses for the CVO's is Sherwin Williams planet color but you will not get any information on any of the paint codes. Trust me it doesnt matter who you know! I have a good friend at Sherwin W. and he could not find out. These are highly guarded secrets for some reason. Also one more thing to note is that even if you did have the paint code some of these colors have multiple coats of paint and clears with metalics and to get the paint process right is just as hard as finding the paint codes. Any way here is the information for anybody that wants their CVO painted the right color.
Gunslinger Customs
830 Pine Ridge Road
Golden, Co 80403
(303)225-0854 Local
(877)834-5640 Toll Free
(303)468-6274 Fax

And this:

Here is the Dupont Chroma Premier formula for Electric Orange. If you take this to any Dupont Automotive Paint store they will be able to mix for you. I work for Dupont and have access to alot of Harley colors. Hope this helps anyone looking for this particular color. If anyone needs an another color, i will try to help you. Remember, this is a tri-coat color ( orange base with pearl mid coat. This is a pint formula. If you have any questions let me know. This formula was just released 12/18/09. :2vrolijk_21:

GROUND COAT COLOR
ingredient Descripition Amount Cummulative
853 J RED ORNAGE 153.1 GRAMS
843 J BRIGHT YELLOW 164.9 GRAMS
801 J HS WHITE 168.4 GRAMS
862 J TRANSPARENT RED 169.8 GRAMS
62320 F BINDER 380.3 GRAMS
62330 F BALANCER 443.8 GRAMS

PEARL MID COAT COLOR

4530 S FLOP CONTROL AGENT 13.0 GRAMS
1021 S SUNBEAM GOLD EFX 15.1 GRAMS
62330 F BALANCER 430.3 GRAMS

Hope this helps and Good Luck
This is the formula I had made and was a match for my 2005 CVO. Also did a set of corbin bags.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts