Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
tbird71
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about trading my Rod for an Indian Scout. Rode one, they definitely have the power. Nothin real exciting about it. I just couldn't get past the looks.

They wanted about 6000 AND my B Model for a new one. So trade my beautiful racing orange 04 VRSCB plus a bunch of cash for a Scout? UH............thanks but no thanks. Money aside, after riding the scout I doubt I'd want to trade even. Keepin the B Model.

Anyone else rode the scout? Thoughts?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I had a run on a dealer's Scout last year - rode up on the VRod, so got to experience them back to back. I thought the Scout had a decent engine, was easy to ride - much easier to steer at low speeds then my own VRSCD. Not a bad bike at all - but seemed to lack a certain something. Character maybe ? Felt like a big Virago.

I don't think I'd switch my 06 bike to a new Scout unless the deal was so ridiculously lucrative I couldn't refuse it. I think that's far from the case here though :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did ride the new Scout. It was a impressive motorcycle. I just have a hard time buying into the Indian thing, it seems a little phoney to me. A few days later, I rode a Octane and enjoyed it even more but, I couldnt bring my self to trading in my 2004 B on either of them. I think maybe next year Ill look into a newer Muscle. Other than that, I couldnt and wouldnt trade mine in on a Scout.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I almost traded my 07 AW for a 2018 FatBoy. Liked the look of the FatBoy but couldn't do it. I test road the FB and felt such guilt for considering getting rid of my VRod. I also didn't like the acceleration of the M8 engine on the FatBoy. Wasn't anywhere near as smooth as the V. I know the FB isn't a Scout but I just wanted to share what I thought about giving up the VRod.

I've decided I'll never sell or trade her. If I need another bike in the future it will be joining her in the garage.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered Useless
590 Posts
I almost traded my 07 AW for a 2018 FatBoy. Liked the look of the FatBoy but couldn't do it. I test road the FB and felt such guilt for considering getting rid of my VRod. I also didn't like the acceleration of the M8 engine on the FatBoy. Wasn't anywhere near as smooth as the V. I know the FB isn't a Scout but I just wanted to share what I thought about giving up the VRod.

I've decided I'll never sell or trade her. If I need another bike in the future it will be joining her in the garage.

View attachment 529737
Good thing you came to your senses brother. We'd hate to do another "patch over"...

I was in my local dealer the other day buying parts, and when one of the parts turned up on the computer as "discontinued", the order desk person gleefully replied, "Oh, that must be for a V-rod. Those are obsolete!".

I turned around to the showroom floor, pointing out that it was still filled with unsold last year's models, all of them push-rod, air-cooled designs. So asked point blank: "Please define 'obsolete' ?".

·
Registered
113 Posts
Rode the Scout and the Scout Bobber (great looking bike). Bobber was a compromised riding position, hard ride, handling was lazy ... looked cool though. Scout rode much better and was pretty peppy, but felt "small" and upright. I felt like it just didn't fit me ...

It was fun to do the demo rides on all the Indian stuff ... I thought I'd like the Dark Horse, but really wasn't for me ... big, lumber wagon IMHO. Scout, much more my style but kind of sparse and just felt like a gorilla on a bicycle ... and I'm not a big guy (5'10 195 lbs).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Indian/Victory/Vrod

I turned around to the showroom floor, pointing out that it was still filled with unsold last year's models, all of them push-rod, air-cooled designs. So asked point blank: "Please define 'obsolete' ?".
The Indian Scout is the bike that got me interested in riding, I loved the vintage look, and modern engineering blended so well. I was almost sold; I fell out of love when I sat on an Octane. Victory had a real interesting bike there! Fast, light and looking 100% clean design, everything the scout had, plus..moar power. Finding one to test drive was nearly impossible tho, and the price was kind of high for an orphaned line, even used.

All my research kind of brought me to the 2012+ Nightrod Special. Dollar for dollar, it seemed more bike than the Octane or Scout (at least currently). In honesty, I'm all for owning an Indian or Vic, I'm no HD loyalist.. but you might take a look at a later model Vrod too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Recently bought my wife's second Scout (this one is the Bobber). We put their premium shock (Fox shocks) on the rear and that sorted the handling out greatly. They are a quick fun bike. And the reason I traded my Softail in on a V-rod Muscle. (To keep up with her on the Scout). But I do agree that they feel smallish for me. The V-rod just fits me better. The quality of finish is pretty good on the two that we have had. They just lack a little with the standard suspension. Great bike though IMHO.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.