Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vrod died on me, has gas, checked all fuses and relays. Starter turns but will not ignite, I sprayed carb cleaner and it sparks up and runs till I stop spraying carb spray. Also charged battery over night and it’s doing the same thing not igniting! I just purchased bike Please help thanks

·
Registered
642 Posts
If it runs off carb spray, you have ignition. It’s a lack of fuel issue. Start by testing fuel pressure- there’s a fitting on the RH side at the fuel rail between the injectors- should be about 50 psi. If it’s not- good chance of a fuel pump failure

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
As Ceigenberger says need to check the fuel pressure, but a quick thing to try first is swap the system relay for one of the others. System relay failure is very common and this stops the pump from running.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Similar thing happened to my 03. When you turn on the key and switch to "RUN" does the pump make any sound? Another very common issue seems to be the corrugated cross over hose from the pump to the filter in the tank gets holes, or in my case was cracked in half.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The stock in-tank fuel hose is a piece of crap - becomes brittle and breaks. I put a bunch of info in this thread here about replacing my fuel pump/filters/hose and where I got my parts:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts