Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the stealer yesterday for 5000 mile checkup and really liked the 08 Anniversary AW, #208, I think. Bottom line is I have so many goodies on my 04, but haven't done my rear wheel or gas tank yet. Thinking about switching out, but the main question is exhaust. Would my CFR from my 04 A be able to switch out to the 08 AW. Tough decision, but w/o the exhaust I think I'll hold on to my baby. TIA!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Yes, you can change it but the fueling options for '08 are still being worked out. The Race Tuner would be the obvious solution but it has a bug that makes it unstable with '08's (Harley is supposed to be working on a fix). Dobeck is working on a GenIII TFI that will work on '08's but it's not out yet either.

Bottom line, you can use the CFR but it may be a month or so before you can actually install it.

I went from '03 to '08 and love it. It's worth the upgrade IMHO, expecialy if the AW has ABS.

·
Banned
405 Posts
You can call to get the gen3 from Dobeck or order the Arlen Ness Big Shot which is the same from my understanding. I am waiting on the UPS man to bring me my gen3 from Dobeck now!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts