Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I need some help. I just went out to change the spark plugs on my 04B before heading to Laconia in three days for bike week and my front coil turned to shit. The spring inside the boot broke and I tried stretching it and now it is in four pieces. The coil was rusted where it contacts the spring as well. I am going to need parts and have them air freighted, Is there a updated part number for the coils and what does the number include? Can you order the coils, rubber plugs and springs as a set? I did some searching without seeing these answers quickly. Thanks if you can help.

·
It's so easy....
186 Posts
HD lists the part number separately for the boot for around $50 at the stealer. Turns out its for the whole coil pack, which also is missing one of the mounting ears compared with the old one. New design I guess.

Had the same thing happen to me when I changed my plugs. Found the part listing here: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/partsfinder.htm

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I found the updated part and was wondering if the coils did come as a pair with the boots and springs? What did you do about the missing ear in the new coils? Did you just leave the hole open in the valve cover?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts