Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Dyno in Longview and thought I'd share my numbers. Kevin is the Tech who ran it, he has also ran Franks (Bad VR) bikes so he knows what he's doing. I only have a Gil's box so I knew it would be limited to what he could do. I've been messing with my Gil's Box settings for quite some time, trying different combinations and finally found the settings I like. So just to make sure everything was ok I wanted to Dyno it, basically to check myself and to make sure my AFR is good. After 1 run he said everything was great and he'd leave it alone. So I rule. :laugh: We ran it a few times trying a few things but it pretty much stayed the same.

Here's my set up:
Stock 03A
Gil's Box
CFR
Topless

104.98 hp
73.34 torque

For fun we ran it without the air cleaner and got 107.24 Hp and 74.61 torque.
Here are my sheets and a movie I took. Kevin was cool enough to let me hang in the room while he ran the Dyno. Freaking Loud!

MOVIE

So, any thoughts on these numbers?

Attachments

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Very respectable torque curve and nice numbers. You are going to get comments about the AFR, ignore them!

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Nate552 said:
Is it the nature of the CFR pipe that causes those dips in the AFR?
No it is the tune and the AFR is good for where it is on your setup.

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
See that little dip in the HP and torque between 4000 and 5300? It is rich in that range, going into the 11's so if you lean it out some you will pick up some mid range umph.

Mike

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure I can do anything at specific rpms with a Gils Box. I knew my tuning options would be limited so I was pleased with the results. I really just wanted the peace of mind that it was running safely. I never planned on doing any engine mods, hence the lack of SERT. I wonder how many more ponies a SERT could pull out. Oh man what am I saying? It's always something with this bike! :D

·
OIF II
48 Posts
What are your box settings?

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
I'm very impressed with the 4 pony's from no air filter. This is the first solid evidence I've ever seen that a K&N filter might be worth owning.

The AFR does look a bit lumpy, but if the bike runs good and fuel mileage isn't too bad, then it's good enough.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Is it the nature of the CFR pipe that causes those dips in the AFR?
i have seen on some other pipes that scavenge really well(no experience with the CFR) that they will pull fuel across on overlap and read rich in the pipe when they really aren`t...... that rich indication at 4500rpm also corresponds to a slight dip in power. but you might find if you try leaning it down based on the a/f chart reading it might actually loose power .. the power reading is far more important than a smooth looking a/f trace. one of the pipes i built for our v-rod scavenged the back cyl so well at 5000rpm that it showed a really rich a/f reading. if you tried to lean it down it would actually quit running on the back cyl at that rpm. i had to tune the back cyl by looking at the hp and ignore the a/f trace. the final tune ended up with the a/f chart showing 10`s on the a/f at 5000rpm on the back cyl. i have seen this to some degree on some other pipes including the thunderheader. the a/f monitor is a very handy tuning tool but it does have limitations. if you have a dip in the power curve try throwing some fuel at it. if it helps the power great ,if it doesn`t you haven`t hurt anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts