Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys . Does anyone have any straight forward upgrade tips from a standard 180 rear to which ever size up works easiest? And also iv bought a 2012 nrs front wheel what will it take to switch that over ? Usually I would just trial and error these sorts of things but everyone on here looks so helpful I though ild just reach out to the community and do it right first time as apposed to the usual 9th time for me . Thanks heaps

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Hi guys . Does anyone have any straight forward upgrade tips from a standard 180 rear to which ever size up works easiest? And also iv bought a 2012 nrs front wheel what will it take to switch that over ? Usually I would just trial and error these sorts of things but everyone on here looks so helpful I though ild just reach out to the community and do it right first time as apposed to the usual 9th time for me . Thanks heaps
Loads of threads on this site with mountains of info on conversions. Use the search bar above.
Basically for the front wheel you have 2 options. 1/ Keep the bearings in the wheel and change the axle to the later 25mm one or 2/ keep your axle and swap the bearings for the earlier 1" bearings. In either case you will need to fit your brake rotors to the NRS wheel as the later rotors are bigger, or swap brake calipers for the later type.
As far as the rear is concerned just depends what you want and how big your budget is. From cheapest, just a tyre swap to a 200. Or medium cost budget upgrade to the 240 (search "budget 240 conversion") or go the whole hog to a 300 or 330 or 360 all of which require serious modifications that don't come cheap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loads of threads on this site with mountains of info on conversions. Use the search bar above.
Basically for the front wheel you have 2 options. 1/ Keep the bearings in the wheel and change the axle to the later 25mm one or 2/ keep your axle and swap the bearings for the earlier 1" bearings. In either case you will need to fit your brake rotors to the NRS wheel as the later rotors are bigger, or swap brake calipers for the later type.
As far as the rear is concerned just depends what you want and how big your budget is. From cheapest, just a tyre swap to a 200. Or medium cost budget upgrade to the 240 (search "budget 240 conversion") or go the whole hog to a 300 or 330 or 360 all of which require serious modifications that don't come cheap.

Cheers man I really appreciate your reply . Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tire 🛞 mod

Free manuals to work on any make of bike 🏍 he’s been updating it also

Ronnie’s parts finder also gives exact details of everything need to fix plus order from Harley-Davidson dealership straight to house and he has most major parts needed no run arounds ether

1 - 4 of 4 Posts