Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I injured my left hand a little over 2 years ago and parked my '03 until now. I'd left it on a battery tender and when I attempted to start it, I got the solenoid/starter clicks. Assuming it was the battery, I purchased a new one. Upon replacing it, and finally getting a replacement rear valve cover vent tube(2 weeks) I attempted to crank it and got the same solenoid/starter clicks. I've seen some posts about being extremely careful jumping it off, but I wondered if it might be related to the starter/solenoid. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
I injured my left hand a little over 2 years ago and parked my '03 until now. I'd left it on a battery tender and when I attempted to start it, I got the solenoid/starter clicks. Assuming it was the battery, I purchased a new one. Upon replacing it, and finally getting a replacement rear valve cover vent tube(2 weeks) I attempted to crank it and got the same solenoid/starter clicks. I've seen some posts about being extremely careful jumping it off, but I wondered if it might be related to the starter/solenoid. Any suggestions?
I'd say the starter relay or solenoid.
Ron

·
Registered
126 Posts
You could check starter solenoid ........ see if 12V+ is coming out starter side when trying to start ......... or use a remote starter switch to make the connection between the two large posts at the solenoid (screwdriver works as well, but sparks can happen) ..........

·
Registered
20 Posts
In my 03 V-Rod a wire under the rear fender burned up. I thought it was the solenoid or the battery preventing it from starting and replaced both. Turns out it was a wire. Not exactly sure where but I would check your wiring assembly and see if there’s a burn out. It happened after I rode it on a 350 mile trip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts