Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally hot up here in the north. When I run my VROD on a hot day, I'd expect the 2 fans to kick on. But they aren't. Although the temp alarm hasn't went off on the bike yet.

So I did the starter and fan relay swap, the relays seems fine. How have you guys jumped the fans to a 12v source? Can you point me to where the fan connectors terminate or where I can jump them to the battery? I want to verify they actually spin when given 12volts.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
It's finally hot up here in the north. When I run my VROD on a hot day, I'd expect the 2 fans to kick on. But they aren't. Although the temp alarm hasn't went off on the bike yet.

So I did the starter and fan relay swap, the relays seems fine. How have you guys jumped the fans to a 12v source? Can you point me to where the fan connectors terminate or where I can jump them to the battery? I want to verify they actually spin when given 12volts.

Thanks
Uhm, follow the wires back from the motors. Plugs are under the left plastic rad cover. Yes, you can hook up a battery direct to these wires for +/-.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.