Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I'm cool now..RIGHT!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder about where I find info on the stock drive belt for my bike. I searched and found something about 28 or 30 something something. My dealer doesn't seem to stock anything for the VRod and I if mine breaks I would be looking at about a week of waiting.

Anyone know an online source.
Anyone know the part number?!

Thanks!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
First you need to know which beelt you need. Do you have the 28 or 30 tooth front pulley? The bike came stock with the 30, so unless you changed it you have the 30.

·
I'm cool now..RIGHT!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a stock pully by my knowledge. So then a 30 tooth! (by the way, why would someone change it?)
Now maybe it will be easier to answer!!! thanks!

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
you can go with a 28 tooth pulley and gain some get up and go off the line but will loose some top end.

I look on ebay quite a bit and see belts (150 tooth) on there every once in awhile for pretty cheap.

·
I'm cool now..RIGHT!
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would the 150 tooth belt be for the 30 tooth pully? Any part number?

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have a stock 150 tooth from my 03 A I might consider selling if you need one. It's in good shape I replaced it when I did my 240 conversion. PM me and let me know sometime, it's not going anywhere!

·
Member #415
1,712 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
First you need to know which beelt you need. Do you have the 28 or 30 tooth front pulley? The bike came stock with the 30, so unless you changed it you have the 30.
Unless you bought the Bike used and the Previous owner switched to a 28T. It's best to look at the pulley before you buy a belt to make sure.
Remove the cover and look for the stamp. It will say 30T or 28T.
If you can't find the stamp, just count the teeth. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts