Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Noel
4,652 Posts
The electrical interference from the LED modules might be a culprit, last spring I changed out the launch box (2-step) on my Destroyer to the proprietary OEM unit, which are known to be sketchy at best. as it turned out the box did its job of limiting RPM with clutch engaged and throttle pegged, but it was sending out some interference signals on the connection to the ECM which blocked my TTS tuner from communicating with the ECM, could not log data or flash tunes!!!!!

After taking out the bad box and reinstalling my Dyna 2-step, the ECM was happy and the TTS module would Tune, monitor run data and even worked in flight mode gathering run statistics.

My suggestion, leave the LED's off the bike for a while to prove your suspicions, get the ECM tuned to unrestricted air cleaner and low restriction pipes and see how she runs, don't change out heads until you have this problem whipped.

·
Noel
4,652 Posts
WEll going back with the se heads. Does anyone have some setup already with the right shims and everything?
Do I understand correctly that you're changing out the stock heads and cam from your eBay engine?
Installing the ruby red SE heads and the cams it had?
I'd assume the shims you had in the red heads should be good for the same cams it ran on originally.

OR

Are mixing the cams from the eBay engine into the red SE heads?

Read your manual, the process is detailed, measure the clearances, if adjusting is needed, acquire the shims from HD if they still have any, or check eBay for a complete tuners kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts