Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 03 VROD from a man that had it for 6yrs without setting (According to him) the security system. He told me he didn't know if the guy he bought from ever set it either. My question is how to do a master reset/change the code on it for my remotes? Still new to the VROD thing, but loving every minute of the ride. cant wait to put some scratch together to start doing some mod's ...:moped:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I did mine when it was new.I'm not sure if the procedure will reset the 4 digit code,or if it's for setting it up the first time.
I used the instructions in the owners manual.I thought it was a timely sequence,and had my brother read the instructions out to me as I followed the procedure.

Did you get the 2 FOB's that belong to the bike?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Just tuned in... Lami, my bike is an '03 also. I only got one fob with the bike and it was broken. I read the directions in the owner's manual and you're right, it almost takes two people to go through all the steps!!! I have to ask if all the hoop-la is even worth it. If a thief wants it bad enough, he'll get his buddies and carry it away, alarm or not. I'd consider Lojack, but I'm not really sure I'd want it back after someone else 'drove like they stole it' and or damaged it. Insurance does alot better paying for the whole bike instead of pieces and parts of a returned stolen vehicle. (either way you loose...)
I haven't checked with the stealer yet, but I can only imagine what they want for a fob when they charged me a sweet jeezus price just for a key -- and it didn't even come with the plastic cover!!! (that was extra - can you believe?):bash:

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
I haven't checked with the stealer yet, but I can only imagine what they want for a fob when they charged me a sweet jeezus price just for a key -- and it didn't even come with the plastic cover!!! (that was extra - can you believe?):bash:
I did :D it'll cost $45 for 1 keyfob + $55 reprogram labor fee. labor may varies tho.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
they charged you fifty-phuq'n-five USD to do a 20 second program job? Was K.Y. or vaseline included?

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
they charged you fifty-phuq'n-five USD to do a 20 second program job? Was K.Y. or vaseline included?
yeah that what they said over the phone - Laidlaws. i think pre-07 bike with button keyfob can be done by yourself, but not the buttonless for 07+. I'm sure KY is included but you have to ask.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
$55 isn't a bad price.
A new Chevy key costs me $8.
To make it start the vehicle,the dealer charges $250 for the 20 second programming.Imagine the bill if you lost your key and had to have the vehicle towed to the dealer.Probably looking at a $600 bill!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
shit, for the HD price I would get REAL familiar with manually entering in the passcode. Photogger can enter his manually in about 10 seconds!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts