Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had left this bike in a shed for about 3 months without starting it. Tried to start, but nothing so I jumped it off to try and start but it just cranked so I thought it may be just a bad battery. Of course took the battery to a local auto store and it was charged, tested good. Put it back in and tried to crank again, but no luck. Took the spark plugs out with the coils and checked for spark and I didn’t see any spark. I thought it may be because it was too light so I put them back in and checked fuel. I turned the key on with the fuel lines disconnected and no fuel came out. So I took the pump out and hooked it to a power supply and it pumped fine. Put the fuel pump back in and replaced the system relay but no luck. Here’s where things confused me, I took apart the old relay and put it back in while pressing on the copper on top and it started shooting gas again! It only pumped when I had my finger on it otherwise even with the new relay I have no fuel. Attempted to start with the trick I had learned with the old relay to pump fuel and it still didn’t crank with fuel being pumped. I’m thinking it’s possibly the computer at this point. Only code thrown is b10005 and on P dtc i got (no resp). I’m at a loss here what could it be?? Thanks so much for reading this I know it’s long, but I wanted every detail to be in this to give you guys an idea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts