Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...first time poster. Well, I have a slight problem...I have an offer to buy a new '03 VROD (silver & black) for 18000 out the door (includes 4 yr ext warr.) or I can shop around for an '04 (any color I want). Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions? And yes, I'm keeping my crotch rocket!
:slap2:

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
just keep in mind the 03 is the 100th anniversary edition, it might make it worth a little more someday.for that price it should be the gold key package, you could prob talk them down for less money, they were asking $19,999 for mine and i talked the dealership down to $17,900.also the 04's have a different size pulley, so it gets better launches off the line, but it lost a little off the top end. good luck of what ever one you choose, and i give you an early welcome to the v-rod family.;)
i'm sure there are more knowledgable (sp?) people of this forum that will add to what i have already posted.

·
Mrs. Max
145 Posts
Welcome, Majdi!

I've always kind of liked the Anniversary badging myself....the '03s have a neat uniqueness about them.

Jeannie

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'd take the 03 and pocket the difference in price. The silver body panels of the 03 are part of the v-rod mystique and the badges set it apart from the rest.

·
DX Rider
630 Posts
Go for the '03 black/silver anniv. Very classy and unique. Of course from my avatar at left it can be noted I'm not very biased ;). What sport bike do you have?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just recently bought a 2003 for $15,500 I beleive they have one left at Littleton Harley Davidson in Littleton New Hampshire
I saved about $4000 dollars and immediatly ordered custom color and kept the original set aside. I am still $2000 ahead of the game.

Mark

P.S. Welcome

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
MAJ DI... Call me!

I too live on Emerald Isle, and I too am a Marine stationed in Camp Lejeune. I just got my 03 V-rod a few months ago. I'm pretty sure I know which bike you're looking at, as I looked at it to.

Hope you get one soon... We can hit the carolina Coast before it gets cold...

FYI, I drove up to NoVA and bought mine from Winchester HD for 15500... They has added LOTS of chrome/gold key/etc., so I ended up at 18K OUT THE DOOR.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for everyones reply. To answer some of your questions...I currently have an '02 GSX-R750 (suzuki). I'm 99% sure that I want an '03...but I can't find any dealership willing to drop their price lower than 17600-18000 out the door! Meanwhile I keep hearing from others getting them for 15500! What am I doing wrong? Anyone know of a dealership w/ an '03 w/in the VA/NC area? I'll walk there if I have to! Again, thanks for everyones input. Kennedy, I'll give you a call later on today (FYI, I'm at Cherry Point this time around).

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
You're not likely to get below $17,000 Out The Door. The $15,500 is typically +freight +prep +tax +tags. That equals $15,500 + 210 + 300 + 960 + 75 = $17,045 OTD. Add another $549 if you decide to finance with HD because they require you to buy at least one year of extended warranty to get the best rates.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Hey you Marine guys at Camp Lejeune, what group are ya'll with?

My stepson is there and I think he is with the demolition guys now as a battlefield medic. In school for demo instructor right now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr. King, how are you doing? I'm no longer at Lejeune, I'm 1.5 hrs away @ Cherry Point, Marine Corps Air Station. I was with 1st Bn, 8th Marines & later with 26th MEU. You should be very proud of your son. Navy Corpsmen are one of the very few that have earned a lot of respect from fellow Marines.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
He has spent most of his time with Force Recon, that is actually who he is assigned to and worked Afghanistan and Iraq with.

My OL went to Lejeune in June when he returned from Iraq. She said that she was amazed at the number of Marines that came running up to him and gave him a big hug.

From what his Commander (whatever they are called) said, he is VERY well liked and respected among his group of Marines. He was just recently asked to join ANGLICO and he is considering that while he is in instructor school.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Again we have no sales tax in New Hampshire. (For residents)
After Crate set-up and all the others small cost I bought my 2003
v-rod for $15,000 plus a little labor changing parts. Littleton Harley In New Hampshire is I believe the cheapest dealer in the country. They have one left!

When I bought my 2000 dyna and on any new bike there I called everywhere and they are and I was told the cheapest around. Additionally they took another $1000 off final costs for being a Coos county resident. If anyone calls them 603-444-1300 talk to Ron and tell them Mark refered you. Thanx

·
Registered
601 Posts
I wish I knew so many of you guys are down in that area, I just got back from a long weekend visiting a buddy in New Bern (Trent Woods area). I rode down on my V-Rod, rode in on 17. While I was down there we had to go to Emerald Isle and remove the storm shutters from a house he had for sale and ate a Jordan's. He now wants to build in Spinkers Riff area; I think that is what it called.

I was down for 4 days, I had no idea there were so many V-Rod in the area. I did stop by New Bern H-D while they were having an open house; only saw one V-Rod and that was in the parking lot, not on the floor.

Dave

P.S. I got my V-Rod from Frederick H-D in Frederick MD in May 02, and paid $75 under MSRP, when others were asking $2,000 over! Great folks to deal with, you might want to check with them they have 1 '03 left: http://www.hdoffrederick.com/

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome Majdi E.!

Yeah I would keep the Gixxer 750 too, sweet bike. Have you ridden the Dragon?

You should be able to find a 2003 model near or below MSRP in your area.

Bob in NM

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Bob...I slayed the dragon a few years ago...but I did it in my Miata! I'd love to go down next spring & run it!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL...it is fun. I ran it after I installed a supercharger & aftermarket sway bars...drove like a very FAST go-kart!

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Maj_di,
Welcome to the family! I am an Army guy but I have a lot of respect for the Mahreeens! With SATCOM, our local Fly Guy on this forum, and you and Kennedy, we are quicly covering all the forces! No Navy or Coasties out there?!?

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts