Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cut off and went down a year ago and had damage to the exhtaust side of the bike. Took the radiator cover off yesterday to put mesh inserts in and found the left side (facing the radiator) chrome radiator bezel to be cracked and broken where it is attached by screws on the side. I would like to replace it.

Anyone with an extra or know where I can find one at a reasonable price, please let me know. Nothing on e-bay for the left.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
Very common problem with those bezels. Just a little to much torque and they break. Better off figuring out how to fix/repair what you have. I doubt there are any around for sale since they are so fragile.
I drilled a small hole in mine and a small hole in the post and then wired them together.

·
ALLGROWDUP
52 Posts
66115-01 for the right and 66116-01 for the left. I got mine for $40.00 a piece from ray price harley davidson in North Carolina. These are the metal ones not the plastic ones.

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
66115-01 for the right and 66116-01 for the left. I got mine for $40.00 a piece from ray price harley davidson in North Carolina. These are the metal ones not the plastic ones.
Wow, a lot cheaper to replace than I had imagined. $30 ea at Zanotti. A reasonably priced part from HD! I just assumed it would be stupid expensive to replace. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
Are you sure about them being metal. My 2007 has chrome over plastic but the same part number you mentioned. I know they are plastic because I have broken two of them and have reordered and they came in plastic.
We are talking about the chrome strips around the painted piece - Right?

·
brett
9,338 Posts
im going to be needing some when im there , do most dealers stock them at their shops or do they have to order in

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im going to be needing some when im there , do most dealers stock them at their shops or do they have to order in
I ordered them from Zanotti this past Saturday for $30 each. Got them yesterday. I highly doubt any dealer stocks these. They generally have limited on hand V-Rod parts.

They are plastic, so I am going to try to wrap or coat the arms that screw down to give them a little more strength.

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
After cracking the third one I gave up on buying new ones. I drilled a small hole in the mounting post and another in what was left of the tang. Then wired the bezel to the post. Been that way for 50,000 miles now and no problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts