Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
Changing the grips required removing and reinstalling some bar end lights. The hot wire got pinched or had exposed insulation and made contact with the bar when they were turned on. Now the signal/ runners dont light when the key is on and both (front)signals flash together when either right or left signal switch is depressed.
Is the front signal module fried? If any have replacement part info and the location on the bike I sure would appreciate it if you think that's what has failed. I need them working obviously.
Thanks!
2003 VRSCA

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hello all!
Changing the grips required removing and reinstalling some bar end lights. The hot wire got pinched or had exposed insulation and made contact with the bar when they were turned on. Now the signal/ runners dont light when the key is on and both (front)signals flash together when either right or left signal switch is depressed.
Is the front signal module fried? If any have replacement part info and the location on the bike I sure would appreciate it if you think that's what has failed. I need them working obviously.
Thanks!
2003 VRSCA
There isn't a seperate signal module for the front. One module does all, security/turn signals (TSSM) which is under the pillion seat. Have you checked the ACCY fuse?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]
There isn't a seperate signal module for the front. One module does all, security/turn signals (TSSM) which is under the pillion seat. Have you checked the ACCY fuse?[/QUOTE]
I have not checked the fuse as the lights were still lighting in flashing mode and rear signals working properly.

·
Registered
967 Posts
There isn't a seperate signal module for the front. One module does all, security/turn signals (TSSM) which is under the pillion seat. Have you checked the ACCY fuse?[/QUOTE]
I have not checked the fuse as the lights were still lighting in flashing mode and rear signals working properly.[/QUOTE]The running lights get their feed from the lighting fuse. If all fuses are ok sounds like you still have a trapped or shorted wire somewhere in the handlebars, very likely the switch units.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I will check the fuses. The wires are not shorted and acting this way now but I had not looked at the fuses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any idea as to what fuse directly and the location that would be responsible? Not the main obviously.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the lights are garbage. Thats good money down the drain. And even better now I have no working signals and the best part the key light stays lit and the bike wont turn over. Headlight brake light and horn work. You can hear the fuel pump when switched to run but wont turn over now. All over these damn bar end lights. Good god man.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so that was the security fuse. But the original issue remains. No running lights. Both front signals flash together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts