·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI
below is what I posted on yahoo forum from which I was led to this great site
Hello folks
I bought my bike cpl of days ago. I noticed that the bike no matter
how warm or cold runs rough while in Idle (tach unsteady and jumps between 1000 and 1800). I took it to the dealer and he just laughed at me and I was told that its a harley and thats how it runs. Do I need a tune-up?

Its an 02 and has only 350 mi on it. Bought by previous owner in sep last , the fluids has not been changed and the 1000 mi service yet remains obviously. It already has 600 mi and by monday I should have a 1000 on it.

Why the rough Idle?

Thanks in advance
Abid

the response I got that addressed this issue was HD Service Bulletin M-1124, dated August 6,2002, Titled "2002 VRSCA Idle Improvement"

Anyone needs a copy I can send it to you

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
The bulletin they told you about can be found on our ftp along with manuals. The idle is a bit rough on all v-twin motors but it should be stable around 1100-1200 rpm. The bulletin refers to bikes that have the 16gauge double barrel pipes and does not include all bikes. Possible causes could be fouled plugs or bad fuel or fuel pressure. Just a place to start.

Max

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been following this conversation for awhile. I asked our Vrod tech and he stated he found a number of Vrods with this problem at rallies around the country. It all came down to the Vehicle Speed Sensor! Yep even at Idle! The brain is always checking it sensors and the VSS. Is your speedo acting up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts