Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

0-60 in ONE SECOND - World's Fastest Electric Motorcycle

1K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  Electro 
#1 ·
The KillaCycle - World's Fastest Electric Motorcycle

Straddling a 619-pound motorcycle, Scotty Pollacheck tucks in his knees and lowers his head as he awaits the green light. When he revs the engine, there's no roar. The bike moves so fast that within seconds all that's visible is a faint red taillight in the distance.

Complete Story, Picture and Video

Cheers,
Dow Scoggins

#4 ·
0-60mph into a minivan

UPDATE: 0-60mph in a parking lot with the inventor at the controls. During the interview, he jokes that he's never the driver, just the owner and crew chief. After trying a burn-out in front of the cameras at the Wired NextFest, he accelerates into a parked minivan and is hauled off in an ambulance. That was embarassing...

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/

#5 ·
cbdane said:
UPDATE: 0-60mph in a parking lot with the inventor at the controls. During the interview, he jokes that he's never the driver, just the owner and crew chief. After trying a burn-out in front of the cameras at the Wired NextFest, he accelerates into a parked minivan and is hauled off in an ambulance. That was embarassing...

Nice triple lindy!! :notworth:

#6 ·
cool bike.....

oh ya dumbass

#7 ·
cbdane said:

Wow! That thing moves.. You can really see how crazy the acceleration is on that last video were the guy crashes it. It's like one sec he's doin a burn out, the next he's in the side of the mini van... Guess next thing to work on is the Brakes! :chair:

#8 ·
#11 ·
I like where he says "this thing is like a big cordless drill" yea, hes got that right. I think he screwed himself with it.

#14 ·
#17 ·
Looks like that would hurt, dumb ass. Cool bike though!

#18 ·
VRod RS said:
Hooolly sheeeiiitt! That was bad.. No helmet even.. WTF was that guy thinking?
Thats exactly what I was thinkin! Oh, and DUMB-ASS! I do hope he recovers from that almost Darwin Award.:spank: $30,000 is'nt to bad at all for a price. Thats what a Destroyer costs without fuel. This bike is truely ready to race, and at 155mph, 8.2 in the 1/4 mile, thats very impressive.

#20 ·
My-V-Extension said:
Something odd about the video- you see no damage to the bike or Van.- he seems to be no where near the accident- odd, maybe its just me, but it almost seems staged......
eh?! ......... it was stuck into the wheel arch of the mini van and the bike looked definitey buckled to me?

I had to laugh, though, "GEEK WITH TESTOSTERONE" was a comment made ! :angeldev:

#21 ·
Interesting KillaCycle Facts
The KillaCycle uses about $0.07 worth of electricity for each run down the strip.
The bike only uses ~300 W-hr / mile… including the burn-out
Including burn-outs, the KillaCycle could make 7 or more runs on one charge
Recharges in as little as 10 minutes. (Limited by charger. Battery can be recharged in 5 minutes.)

I'm impressed
So you can go 2 mi (Fast!!) before the battery's are dead. Probably coast 2-3 mi with no other traffic on the road

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.