Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The KillaCycle - World's Fastest Electric Motorcycle

Straddling a 619-pound motorcycle, Scotty Pollacheck tucks in his knees and lowers his head as he awaits the green light. When he revs the engine, there's no roar. The bike moves so fast that within seconds all that's visible is a faint red taillight in the distance.

Complete Story, Picture and Video

Cheers,
Dow Scoggins

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts

·
Dr. Laser Guy
997 Posts
0-60mph into a minivan

UPDATE: 0-60mph in a parking lot with the inventor at the controls. During the interview, he jokes that he's never the driver, just the owner and crew chief. After trying a burn-out in front of the cameras at the Wired NextFest, he accelerates into a parked minivan and is hauled off in an ambulance. That was embarassing...

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
cbdane said:
UPDATE: 0-60mph in a parking lot with the inventor at the controls. During the interview, he jokes that he's never the driver, just the owner and crew chief. After trying a burn-out in front of the cameras at the Wired NextFest, he accelerates into a parked minivan and is hauled off in an ambulance. That was embarassing...

Nice triple lindy!! :notworth:

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
cool bike.....

oh ya dumbass

·
Registered
223 Posts
cbdane said:

Wow! That thing moves.. You can really see how crazy the acceleration is on that last video were the guy crashes it. It's like one sec he's doin a burn out, the next he's in the side of the mini van... Guess next thing to work on is the Brakes! :chair:

·
Damaged Goods.....
599 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
maybe he shouldve done it in front of a block of cement so the bike wouldnt move

does that bike have gears or is it just one gear?

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
My-V-Extension said:
Something odd about the video- you see no damage to the bike or Van.- he seems to be no where near the accident- odd, maybe its just me, but it almost seems staged......
I kinda thought that, but the front tire is flat and the rim looks bent under the minivan fender.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
I like where he says "this thing is like a big cordless drill" yea, hes got that right. I think he screwed himself with it.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
VRod RS said:
Hooolly sheeeiiitt! That was bad.. No helmet even.. WTF was that guy thinking?
He's a scientist, they're not paid to think, just invent. :angeldev:

·
Bike snob
756 Posts

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
He said the switch stuck on. Seemed to stop after he was laying on the street. I guess 0-60 in less than 1 second doesn't give you much time to think.

·
Revolution02
3,978 Posts
Looks like that would hurt, dumb ass. Cool bike though!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
VRod RS said:
Hooolly sheeeiiitt! That was bad.. No helmet even.. WTF was that guy thinking?
Thats exactly what I was thinkin! Oh, and DUMB-ASS! I do hope he recovers from that almost Darwin Award.:spank: $30,000 is'nt to bad at all for a price. Thats what a Destroyer costs without fuel. This bike is truely ready to race, and at 155mph, 8.2 in the 1/4 mile, thats very impressive.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
"......and a clean pair of shorts"
Damn that was fast!

·
Wind Up Merchant
425 Posts
My-V-Extension said:
Something odd about the video- you see no damage to the bike or Van.- he seems to be no where near the accident- odd, maybe its just me, but it almost seems staged......
eh?! ......... it was stuck into the wheel arch of the mini van and the bike looked definitey buckled to me?

I had to laugh, though, "GEEK WITH TESTOSTERONE" was a comment made ! :angeldev:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts