Brought it home and scrubbed the aluminum om the front wheel the forks the cam covers the swing arm and the engine covers and some other ods and ends. Then sanded down the old rusted exhaust in some CLR and sprayed them black and wrapped them. I then painted the airbox cover and fenders. Then touched up the frame and polished up all the metal I could see and republished the paint job. I replaced the grips and front pegs and will do the rear wheel and bega when I change the rear brake. Only problem I've run into is not being able to find a replacement exhaust (these are way to obnoxious) and the trip/odo button is spotty on when it wants to work.
I've put in a power comander with a tune for the K&N air filter and used the Vance and hines comp exhaust template and cleaned up some of the wiring the previous owner left a mess. Also installed a usb/trickle charger adapter and a phone mount. After I finish cleaning it up and find an exhaust for it I will get a valve job done and get a proper tune on it to make sure its running as good as it sounds. Butt dyno says it runs great though
I go out for my 3rd ride after finishing and have a nice low side on some hot black tar top. Guess I now have to restore the restore. Most sad about the new pipes getting dinged up and the freshly painted airbox having a big dent in it. But I walked away okay and really its only probably 300$ in damage if I keep the pipes and just buff out the scratches. Which is probably the route I'm going.