Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Fork Oil capacity

32K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  swaytec360 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Been searching the forum until the cows came home and can not find the answer to a serious question.

I am about to change the Front fork oil on my 2007 VRSCX and do not know how much oil to purchase. I know it is a bit more than a pint but how much?
Should I plan on 2 pints per fork or 2 quarts? The service manual says to fill to 3.6" from the top but nowhere does it mention how much this will take.

Anyone help?

#4 ·
fork oil

Been searching the forum until the cows came home and can not find the answer to a serious question.
'
I am about to change the Front fork oil on my 2007 VRSCX and do not know how much oil to purchase. I know it is a bit more than a pint but how much?
Should I plan on 2 pints per fork or 2 quarts. The service manual says to fill to 3.6" from the top but nowhere does it mention how much this will take.
'
Anyone help?
Rusty my 2012 had different amounts for each fork. I guess yours is different. I would measure the oil comming out into a measuring cup. thats how i did it.

#6 ·
Rusty my 2012 had different amounts for each fork. I guess yours is different. I would measure the oil comming out into a measuring cup. thats how i did it.
My bikes have the same fork on each side so the oil level and amount are the same. I realize some bikes, like the "R" have different workings in the two down tubes.

Thanks

#7 ·
Do you have progressive springs?

I took a hanger and measured 5 1/2 and made a bend this is how I know I had enough in the fork.

I used the Screaming Eagle Heavy Duty Oil.
Do not use the extra Heavy Duty.

The fork has to be compressed when adding oil.

Watch the video we did. Link in Sig.

If you are still stock springs then measure hanger to your requirements

• Helpful
Reactions: Admin
#8 ·
I use a hanger also. Service manual says 3.6" for my model. Makes life much simpler. Screamin' Eagle oil (15 wt). The Service manual is my bible when doing stuff like this. Don't trust my memory. It's getting old and decrepit.
Thanks RSC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.