Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Wrecked �05B

18K views 156 replies 43 participants last post by  dethbrd 
#1 ·
Wrecked ‘05B

OK, Got the Go-Ahead to start selling. [URL="http://flic.kr/s/aHsjx3xXsv”]LINK to Photo Album[/URL] The photo album will be updated regularly to reflect what I have pulled off the bike. If you don’t see it ask, it probably means I haven’t pulled it yet. This project is a favor for a friend, and not my full time job..... please be patient!

This is an entire ‘05VRSCB that was in a front-end wreck. One lower fork slider was broken so it took a pretty good shot. That said, I cannot guarantee if any of the involved parts are straight! I will do my best to look it over and take pix as requested.

The process of listing each part and number was too labor intensive, so to stay within the rules here, all prices are 1/2 x MSRP shipped CONUS.... The only exception would be heavy/bulky items that require shipping by freight, where we would need to formulate a quote. Some of the parts are suffering from sitting in a barn for 3 years; I will try to describe things as accurately as I can, and would be happy to take detailed pix as requested.

ALL PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE, PM AN OFFER

#2 ·
You can check on ebay and the rest of the classiffieds here to have an idea. I'm needing a LEFT swingarm axle nut cover (not the pivot bolt cover) for Powder coating, I can offer $20 shipped since the new set retail for around $40, let me know.

#4 ·
George, put together a list, and I will help you. Now, rusty, pitted, or ruined parts has a pennies on the dollar worth. I just sold a pivot shaft for 20 bucks. A swingarm for 50, and paid 50 for used shrouds. So, depending on condition, I am sure I can help. In fact, I plan on wintering in Marco Island, so I might be able to ride up and help you sort it all out. PM me for coordinating instructions. Joe

#5 ·
I’ll do that Joe!

Biggest hurdle I’m running into is all the online dealers have taken down their parts look-up system... or at least all the ones I used in the past. Does anyone know of a dealer that still has the parts catalog online and working?

#7 ·
At first when I saw the tread I thought that bad luck had befallen you. Sorry about your friend's B. It just re-enforces my mantra to "friends" that want to take either the B or the Glide for a spin. My mantra is "Sorry I don't share my bikes or women."

Anyway once you get the list together, share it with me and I'll go through my records to see what I've paid for difference bits for the B over the las 6 years. We should figure out a West Coast ride sometime between Turkey Day and Christmas.

#14 ·
Please let me know on the frame.
Frame looks good except the lowers. Have a clear title for it. It did take a hard enough hit to fracture one of the fork sliders... I have no way to assess the straightness of the neck, but there are no cracks in the paint or metal visible.

I have a ways to go to get everything off it. If you are seriously interested, I’ll pull everything this week, if not stuff will come off as it sells.

#12 ·
Yeah maybe so, but it's ok if they want dibs I guess.... The stuff will be put up, just a question of when.

jt you're first in line for the frame.

#13 ·
It is when!
Disassembly began today. There are some parts that people have “dibs” on, but for the most part the entire bike is available.

I don’t want to run afoul of the rules here, so pricing for parts in good condition start at 1/2 MSRP. I’m going to take it apart as I have time, and I’ll post pics/part numbers as I do. If you want a specific part, PM me and I’ll go pull it and take a photo or two.

As of today I pulled
  1. OEM seat and pilon
  2. Foot controls and pegs
  3. Rear Master Cylinder
  4. Paint Set (tins) Black
  5. Air Box top, bottom and filter cover
  6. (2) front Brake Calipers. Black
  7. Rear Brake Caliper
  8. (2) front rotors
  9. Front and Rear “Solid” wheels (Heavily pitted)
  10. Front and Rear Axles
  11. Radiator Cover and inlet Bezels

Photos of the above will be up tomorrow morning

#18 ·
hmm..

#26 ·
Engine Ass’y Complete 19533-05K MSRP=$7404 x50%= $3702

#24 ·
The mufflers “look” like the hollow point slip-ons. I can not find any identifying numbers... they are straight through. Head pipes and crossover are stock. ALL ARE IN ROUGH SHAPE from surface rust!

I was going to throw them away.... If you want them, I’ll take $50 for boxing and shipping CONUS. That said, IMHO, they are NOT worth $50!

Tires are dry Dunlops and at 50% tread.... Again, I was going to toss them

Top 3Tree looks OK and should buff out to like new 46755-01 $57 shipped

#27 ·
BTW, The quoted prices are MSRP x 50%...... Offers are accepted!

#28 ·
How about the heat shields on the header pipes?

#30 ·
pics?

#31 ·
I'll shoot some pix tomorrow. But unless you what to re-chrome them, they are shot and worthless

#32 ·
In their condition right now, what would you want for them? meanwhile awaiting pics...

#34 ·
Have the throttle bodies been spoken for yet?

#40 ·
Nope..... I haven't got to that part of the bike yet, but if you want them, I can pull them

#41 ·
pictures of said items?

#43 ·
when I click on the picture link this is what I get: "Oops! Internet Explorer could not find "httptp"

#45 ·
Odd, anyone else get that? It works for me in Chrome, and Safari... I don't use IE

#46 ·
I have a full day tomorrow of "real" work, I'll try.... Specifically what angles you looking for?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.