VRod Muscle Forward Controls - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > Specific Model > VRSCF
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 05-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #31
POWERSTROKEN
Trouble Maker

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerVRod View Post
Let me know when you are around next! I would love to take some measurements and then cut some out of wood to test fit.

Thanks!
-Keith
Will Do. Jim

2009 VRSCFX NRM
Vivid Black, SEPST, V & H Indy Comp Pipe, K&N, Topless/Open Vents, Progressive front's, Ceramic bearings, Avon's 250, HID's, Hi/Low Mod, Killerglass/Braided hose
POWERSTROKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #32
dun4791
Ride safe!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Let me know when you are around next! I would love to take some measurements and then cut some out of wood to test fit.

Thanks!
-Keith
The ones from nh are pricey for sure.

Would the forward controls on non F bike work? Anyone want to trade for the reduced reaches on my F?

OR...hurry with an alternative killerVrod.
dun4791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #33
killerVRod
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dun4791 View Post
The ones from nh are pricey for sure.

Would the forward controls on non F bike work? Anyone want to trade for the reduced reaches on my F?

OR...hurry with an alternative killerVrod.
The shrouds on the F stick out a lot more than the non-F ones. I have everything designed and ready, but just need to figure out how much more they have to come out. If it has to come out more then 3/8-1/2" it is going to be problematic. If someone wants to buy me a new muscle it will speed development

-Keith

Past : Custom Lapis Blue V-Rod (Rick's 240 Lector wheel setup,chrome swingarm,Rizoma bars,signal relocators,LED rear lights,V-mod pipes,Custom cut sidemount plate,11.5" SmoothRide shocks,spike grips,Custom cut mirrors, 3" tribal forward controls)
killerVRod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #34
POWERSTROKEN
Trouble Maker

I'll be up with mine soon. I just need to get her back together. Waiting on my swingarm, (on its way) rear pulley, and bearings. Hope to be a week or two. Jim

2009 VRSCFX NRM
Vivid Black, SEPST, V & H Indy Comp Pipe, K&N, Topless/Open Vents, Progressive front's, Ceramic bearings, Avon's 250, HID's, Hi/Low Mod, Killerglass/Braided hose
POWERSTROKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #35
dun4791
Ride safe!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
The shrouds on the F stick out a lot more than the non-F ones. I have everything designed and ready, but just need to figure out how much more they have to come out. If it has to come out more then 3/8-1/2" it is going to be problematic. If someone wants to buy me a new muscle it will speed development

-Keith
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERSTROKEN View Post
I'll be up with mine soon. I just need to get her back together. Waiting on my swingarm, (on its way) rear pulley, and bearings. Hope to be a week or two. Jim
OK, I'll be patient for you guys.........Thanks.

Lyle
dun4791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #36
nickfromny
Registered Full

Shorter People

How about going the other way for shorter folks? Found I could not stand up to absorb bumps in road and protect back with the stock forward controls. Legs got tired holding them out there for 1 hour. Was even putting feet on passenger pegs to change it up and give the legs a break.
nickfromny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #37
drb930
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone know the price on the NH Mounts?
drb930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #38
waca
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Hi guys

I'm thinking about getting a muscle
Can anyone post a close up pic of this mod so I can see the difference.

Thanks
Shane
Unless you are over 6ft i wouldnt bother
waca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:41 AM   #39
drb930
Registered Full

Exclamation

For those asking for some pictures-

Here is 2 pictures of the Muscle Reduced Reach Rider foot pegs Reversed into Extended Reach Rider foot pegs.

The difference works out to be 3" exactly as the foot pegs are offset 1.5".

Thanks,
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FWD CNT 001.jpg
Views:	938
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	152787   Click image for larger version

Name:	FWD CNT 002.jpg
Views:	605
Size:	927.8 KB
ID:	152788  
Old 06-13-2010, 06:46 AM   #40
rspencer1218
____

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I know it's possible to adjust the position of the shift lever (and forgive me if this has been mentioned before) but is it even possible to adjust the brake pedal to where it's more comfortable for you guys that have flipped the reduced reach extensions around? I seem to recall that this was possible for the pre-brembo models but I don't think you can do this with our bikes...
Old 06-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #41
Wilber
Registered Full

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer1218 View Post
I know it's possible to adjust the position of the shift lever (and forgive me if this has been mentioned before) but is it even possible to adjust the brake pedal to where it's more comfortable for you guys that have flipped the reduced reach extensions around? I seem to recall that this was possible for the pre-brembo models but I don't think you can do this with our bikes...
There is, You can drill a new hole into the shaft sticking out of the rear brake master cylinder just below the existing one. The brake pedal itself then has to be modified by removing some material from the bottom side to allow it to fit and move properly. I did this to mine and the pedal is at just the right angle to feel "right".
Old 06-13-2010, 10:09 AM   #42
rspencer1218
____

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilber View Post
There is, You can drill a new hole into the shaft sticking out of the rear brake master cylinder just below the existing one. The brake pedal itself then has to be modified by removing some material from the bottom side to allow it to fit and move properly. I did this to mine and the pedal is at just the right angle to feel "right".
Nice. Who says you don't learn something new everyday. Thanks for the tip!
Old 06-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #43
Wilber
Registered Full

I'll do one better and put up some pictures of what it looks like too..

Sorry about the grain in the pictures, I took them with my droid in low light. But you get the idea. Also I am 6'2" and I am pretty comfortable with the extension but I do wish I could move them forward just a little more..
Old 06-13-2010, 11:23 AM   #44
drb930
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilber View Post
I'll do one better and put up some pictures of what it looks like too..

Sorry about the grain in the pictures, I took them with my droid in low light. But you get the idea. Also I am 6'2" and I am pretty comfortable with the extension but I do wish I could move them forward just a little more..
Is there any way I could ask you what the difference is in degrees, or inches that the 2nd hole equals out to?

I want to be sure that I can still get my boot fully under the petal, but agree it definitely needs to be lower.

Also did you remove the rod to drill it, and if you did can you describe that process, or did you drill it still installed on the bike?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #45
Wilber
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb930 View Post
Is there any way I could ask you what the difference is in degrees, or inches that the 2nd hole equals out to?

I want to be sure that I can still get my boot fully under the petal, but agree it definitely needs to be lower.

Also did you remove the rod to drill it, and if you did can you describe that process, or did you drill it still installed on the bike?

Thanks,
Dave
When I did this I was just winging it like most other things I dive into..

I did leave the whole assembly on the bike while I did it since I did NOT want to mess with bleeding down the brakes. At first I wasn't sure If I was going to be able to get it done since the rode kept wanting to spin. I got a pair of vice grips out to hold it steady in one hand and run the drill with the other. I punched it with a center punch then drilled a small pilot hole, which I slowly increased to the correct size.

As far as the pedal itself I used a dremel, but if I had and air compressor I would have used my die grinder. Basically I widened the channel in which the rod fits to allow for the larger diameter of the base to fit in.. If you decide to attempt this you will see what I mean since it is kinda hard to explain.

As far as the distance it moved forward I would say about 2" or so.
Advertisement