Fuel Line Damage - WARNING - Page 6 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 02-21-2005, 08:53 PM   #76
ihringert
Ted

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
'03 with 29K miles. Almost worn through.
ihringert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2005, 03:47 PM   #77
Pete.H

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks for this valuable info. My 02 had wear on the outer cover of one line so I put a couple of rubber lined "P" clips on them and fastened them down with the allen screws on the covers. Unfortunately, sod's law took over and I dropped an allen key. It went between the fuel tank and the metal front cover, of all places! I suppose I'll now have to remove the fuel tank to get it out. Quite a job unless I can just loosen it and fish around with a magnet.
Pete.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:37 PM   #78
Wild Bill
Loud and Proud

I just checked mine no wear at all. It is a 03 with 12.5K miles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Classic Silver & Black, Modified CFR Pipe, CFR Seat, Smooth Rides, South Beach Wheels, Hog Pro 240 Kit, Headwinds Head Lamp, 28 Tooth, Topless, with the Power Commander, and Stock Gas Tank.
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2005, 10:52 AM   #79
theo

Did anyone of y'all ever think off getting another brand of bike without all this trouble?
I sold my H-D and got me a honda: no more problems for me
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:03 AM   #80
VRODAJ
Registered Full

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo
Did anyone of y'all ever think off getting another brand of bike without all this trouble?
I sold mu H_D and got me a honda: no more problems for me
Yea but, its still a honda

AJ
VRODAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #81
ToddFather

Quote:
Funny. I sold my Honda and got the V-Rod! Both are good bikes, but it had a few issues as well. It's nice to have choices.....
ToddFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:47 AM   #82
OK VROD
LiveBlueFlamesBB1430

I just checked mine...7500miles wore on both lines through the braid. 03 model built in jan 03.
OK VROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:07 PM   #83
Wild Bill
Loud and Proud

Everybody thought my V-Rod was a Honda when I first bought it.

Now that I did some mods, it sounds and looks like a Harley.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Classic Silver & Black, Modified CFR Pipe, CFR Seat, Smooth Rides, South Beach Wheels, Hog Pro 240 Kit, Headwinds Head Lamp, 28 Tooth, Topless, with the Power Commander, and Stock Gas Tank.
Wild Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:01 PM   #84
PigPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky G.
Checked both lines ...No wear at all.....03 with 7800 miles ...Dam guys now I want to spend a little more time in the living room cleaning on it ....

Yes I said living room ....Its big enough and at least the wife can be with me in the same room ..... O well I know I have issues ....
Thanks for the chuckle...
PigPen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #85
TBAG809
Vrod-less...........

Quote:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stfu7.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	23342  
Old 03-20-2005, 03:01 PM   #86
Bobsquatch
Professional Expert

Stfu

NICE!!!!

If you like your Honda why are you posting on this site
Old 03-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #87
Ghostrider56

Thanks for the info will check tomorrow
Ghostrider56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:49 AM   #88
theo

i liked my h-d too, but didn't like the probs, and now i have a modern engine with double the power of my h-d wich was double the price of my honda, and the engine of h-d has been the same for more than 40 years, except for the v-rod, but that in fact is a german engine, so not realy h-d.
And shure: there is the choice, and i sold mine, but to be honoust: i got a fairly good price, one of the advantages of selling a h-d.
i didn't even had to spend all of the money to get a brand new fireblade with 172 horses.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #89
Max
Color me Gone

Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
i liked my h-d too, but didn't like the probs, and now i have a modern engine with double the power of my h-d wich was double the price of my honda, and the engine of h-d has been the same for more than 40 years, except for the v-rod, but that in fact is a german engine, so not realy h-d.
And shure: there is the choice, and i sold mine, but to be honoust: i got a fairly good price, one of the advantages of selling a h-d.
i didn't even had to spend all of the money to get a brand new fireblade with 172 horses.
You mention problems but are not specific, you mention 40 year old engine except the v-rod and yet this is really a v-rod only site. You compare a fireblade to a v-rod, since I own a blade I can tell you it is a completely different kind of bike. You get 172 hp out of your blade, wow they average about 146 you must have a killer blade. Sounds like your full of it.

There is nothing wrong with product loyalty however just because you decided you wanted a different kind of bike doesn't make the v-rod bad. I think that you hanging around here proves that even you feel as though you may have made a mistake getting rid of the v-rod.

The road of life sometimes seems full of potholes. RIP Jeannie, Alex and Brian. I'll never forget any of you.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #90
sxrxrnr

1000rr same as what the Brit's call a Blade is rated by Honda at 170 HP or so at the crank. 140 or so at the rear wheel is about right. For further info:

http://sports.racer.net/engines/hond...00rr/page1.htm
sxrxrnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement