Fuel Line Damage - WARNING - Page 4 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD Mechanical
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 10-28-2004, 06:57 PM   #46
vrsc
Ironbutt

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Well took my bike to the dealer and this was an item I had them look at. I never checked it myself. When I went to pick up my bike and they told me it looked Ok??. Well with all these rodders with this problem and Ski making sure everyone checks it, I checked it myself right at the dealer. I noticed that one of my lines is worn through the mesh. I showed it to the service manager and he said yeah, it looks fine and that their was no problem. I wasn't too happy with his answer and he said for me to just watch it. I told him about using a cut spark plug wire (Thanks Max) and he said to just wrap it with electrical tape?? No thanks, I want to do it right.
Ski, you asked me to check mine and yes mine are worn through the mash.
Thanks for the info
SE Air Filter
Sundowner Seat
Heavy Cycles' Stage 2 LED Retrofit Tail Light with Pass-Through Turn Signal Connector
Chrome Performance Machine Gatlin Wheels, Pulley and Rotors
HD 28 tooth Pulley Kit
Chrome Smooth Ride Custom Air Shocks
Chrome-lot's
Oh Yeah Topless

Ride on brother
vrsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2004, 07:18 PM   #47
mjw930
SNAFU

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Jason,

It sounds like the Service Manager needs and atitude adjustment (or a swift kick in the ass). First they put weights on the wheels where none were needed before and then they look at a wearing fuel line and say everything's fine.

You owe it to us to tell us what dealer is feeding you this crap so we can steer clear! (I'm pretty sure I know but I don't want to say without your confirmation)
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 07:35 PM   #48
vrsc
Ironbutt

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lakeland HD. In Lakeland Florida. The service manager said that there was no place he could relocate the lines to and since he couldn't relocate it, to just watch it closely. Oh well, the info from the members is what makes this place the best!
SE Air Filter
Sundowner Seat
Heavy Cycles' Stage 2 LED Retrofit Tail Light with Pass-Through Turn Signal Connector
Chrome Performance Machine Gatlin Wheels, Pulley and Rotors
HD 28 tooth Pulley Kit
Chrome Smooth Ride Custom Air Shocks
Chrome-lot's
Oh Yeah Topless

Ride on brother
vrsc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-29-2004, 08:00 AM   #49
OKIE
COOLER RIDER

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrsc
Lakeland HD. In Lakeland Florida. The service manager said that there was no place he could relocate the lines to and since he couldn't relocate it, to just watch it closely. Oh well, the info from the members is what makes this place the best!
He didn't cover them or anything?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OKIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 08:59 AM   #50
Greg687
Fireman/investigator

Get that kind of "info" in writing, then when something happens, your attorney will have something to stand on.
Greg
Old 10-29-2004, 09:23 AM   #51
WORM
MARK

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I checked mine today and had a slight scuffing on the covering...
I protected the lines with the plastic loome
great heads up on this!!!!!
thanks for this info...............
WORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:08 PM   #52
Robyyy

I cut a piece of Garden Hose and split the hose then used a plastic tie clip .
Robyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 05:29 PM   #53
Robyyy

Thanks for the forum MAX if it wasnt for this forum we wouldnt know about this ! This is a great Forum !
Old 11-01-2004, 12:36 PM   #54
Vchris
Vchis

Thanx Dave, I am going to check my 02...
Europe
Vchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:50 PM   #55
gar

I checked mine, it looks fine. I put some tape over the connector only because one of the hoses looked very close to touching it. My bike was built 01/03.
Greg
gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 01:17 PM   #56
Flyin_Freddie
Ride Free, Alex!!!

Thanks for the heads up...! I have an '03 born in July, '03, I think. But, even though I've not read of someone's bike from that vintage expereincing this problem, I'll indeed look this evening and post my results. It maybe of help to all of us - and the MoCo, too, if they'll listen - to narrow this problem down to some specific manufacture dates, s/n's and so on. My personal opinion is they need to be listening to the 'web hysteria' before something worse happens...

If MY bike catches fire due to this after it's been reported to the MoCo...you'll all be ridin' bikes from "Fred's Motorcycle Company" when my estate gets through with 'em...
'03 Anniversary Edition V-rod, 2-tone black & silver, V-mod SE slip ons, topless, SE air filter, Gil's fuel box, 'golf club' mirrors, flame grips & pegs, 11.5" Smooth Rides, Progressive front lowering kit, heel-n-toe shifter, HogPro swing arm & "6 Pack" wheels, rotors and pulley, Metzler 240, RMD Billet side mount, waaaaay more chrome shit than it really needs...and still more on the way...My Gawd, where does it all end...?
Flyin_Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:10 PM   #57
vroddrew
Tired of the crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_Freddie
My personal opinion is they need to be listening to the 'web hysteria' before something worse happens...
You are absolutely correct in this.

Unfortunately there is a certain amount of "The little boy who cried Wolf" in this. Technical services gets hit with so many silly, frivolous complaints, that it does make it difficult for them to separate the serious issues from the ridiculous, and the widespread problems from the "one in a million" occurences.

IMHO the way this was initially reported by bikerdave should be a lesson in the right way to handle this sort of problem. Calm - but with sufficient detail that readers can examine their own bikes and decide for themselves if they need to take action on it or not. No excessive exclamation points or threats of instant death, etc.
vroddrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 01:35 AM   #58
Robyyy

Mabe a Poll on who's Vrod have the hose drama would be a good idea ?
Mine has it and its a 02 july birth.
Old 11-02-2004, 08:17 AM   #59
Flyin_Freddie
Ride Free, Alex!!!

Check my '03 Anniversary Edition...

I checked my '03 Anniversary Edition bike last night and found no chaffing or wear on the two lines depicted in the photographs. Both my fuel lines lay between the cam covers running front to back and down in the 'valley' between the cam covers, well below the hex head bolts. My bike has a July '03 manufacture date. Can't say for sure, but if there was a problem, just from looking at my bike it appears to have been fixed before 07/03.

Is there any chance someone at the assembly plant could have misrouted
the lines while mating the engine to the frame? Sorta like the ol' "Monday morning or Friday afternoon" quality control issues?
'03 Anniversary Edition V-rod, 2-tone black & silver, V-mod SE slip ons, topless, SE air filter, Gil's fuel box, 'golf club' mirrors, flame grips & pegs, 11.5" Smooth Rides, Progressive front lowering kit, heel-n-toe shifter, HogPro swing arm & "6 Pack" wheels, rotors and pulley, Metzler 240, RMD Billet side mount, waaaaay more chrome shit than it really needs...and still more on the way...My Gawd, where does it all end...?
Flyin_Freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:45 AM   #60
Vchris
Vchis

I have checked and it's like other bro with 02 model: worn! I put an other line on it to prevent any damage.
Thanx a new time to Dave for this post and to Max for the forum
Europe
Vchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement