Weekend Trips & Bags - Page 3 - 1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum
» Sponsors
Go Back   1130cc.com: The #1 Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum > V-ROD Discussions > V-ROD General
New User? Register - Forgot Password

Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #31
vroder
Blowin' Smoke

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I use the Harley hard bags also because it's nice to have space to carry things. With the SAC bag on the back rest my wife and I easily pack for a weekend and by myself I can go for a week or better. The best part is I can remove the bags in about five minutes with tools I carry (in them) if I want the bike naked. I can go from tourer (windshield and bags) to cruiser in less than ten minutes. And, the chrome hard bags really don't look too bad on my '02 A.
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #32
Frankjake

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I ended up installing the short sissybar and baseplate. Even with the short sissybar, I have a tall T-Bag that I tie on with the straps that are included. It seems like the bag would be too top heavy and just fall off. But it's not. I made it all the way to Sturgis and back and all the riding while I was there for a total of 4000 miles with no problems. It's amazing how much a little bit of tie down will hold so much.
Frankjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #33
Rondo
Registered Full

modified list

Quote:
7 Day Trip:
Clothes I'm wearing
2 Pairs Underpants
2 Pairs socks
2 T-shirts
1 sweatshirt
1 pair Jeans
1 toothbrush + half sized toothpaste
I Razor
Half bar soap
I razor
Modified your list some:

clothes I'm wearing consist of leather pants/jacket, polypropelyne t-shirt, sweat or wool/flanel shirt depending on weather.

1 pair of undies can go 4 days: frontways then backways then inside out frontways then backways (just kidding lol)

socks? see undies above

No t's for me

already wearing the sweat shirt

no jeans: leathers work well and have vents if it gets too warm

Okay---I'm with ya on the toothbrush/toothpaste, but really just buy them when ya get there and throw them away when ya go back home

I don't shave so I don't need a razor

This is travelin' light old school. did sturgis twce on a Knucklehead this way with only changes being: 2 pair of gym shorts (nylon, wash 1 pair when gets dirty by hand and hang to dry) instead of undies and I bought socks on the way(throways), also had a rain suit, sleeping bag and tent.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:49 PM   #34
Rivers
Registered Full

Taller Sissy Bar????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4man
Bag photos, shown installed, straps attach to turn signal stalk and around shock spacer, when removed bags have handle to be carried as luggage, also shown in combination with my HD overnight bag.
RC4MAN - Thanks for the pics. Your Sissy Bar is several inches taller than my H-D Bar. I think my wiife would appreciate the extra support on long trips. Can you tell me what it is, part # etc, and where you got it from? Thanks for your help.

Tony
Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #35
sveinn
06 Night Rod

I use the Chicane Summit Tail Bag. It is good for a couple of days stuff plus rain gear and a few tools. Here is a previous post with a picture of RobM's bike.

https://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63653

Russ
sveinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:24 PM   #36
HOG ROD
I used 2 B Disturbed

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
HD hard bags

T-Bag

X-Large bikers friend bag

Jacket straps nicely to bikers friend bag
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Posse Ride 2007 (123).JPG
Views:	113
Size:	872.0 KB
ID:	102004  
HOG ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #37
charlieh
Charlie

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4man
For X-mas I got a set of Cortech throwover Sportbike bags.
They are nylon with foam pads on the inner sides. The straps connecting them are velcro adjustable to draw them up and closer together so that they do not interfere with the wheel/tire in anyway. When cinched up to where the bag tops are just below or level with the passenger seat they fit between the shocks and turn lamps.
Check picture, though I got them in black, not the red shown.
They are very similar to the HD nylon bags and like the HD bags come with pull over rain covers.
Price $135
If you like I can take a photo this weekend of them on my bike as a better actual example than the sportbike pictured below.
Additionally they have a zip open expansion area like luggage for increased internal room.
I have these same bags on my bike. I decided to go with these chrome support brackets. IMHO they look much better than the HD brackets, are much cheaper, and don't detract from the look of the bike when the bags are not mounted. They are made by MC Enterprises and attach with two bolts to either side of the rear fender.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brackets.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	318.2 KB
ID:	102135  
2006 Anodized VRSCA, Rinehart 2-1 Exhaust, Dobeck FI, 08D Wheels, Sundowner Seat, Slipper Clutch, Rick's Tank, Progressive Shocks and Springs, Chrome Swingarm, DGD Keyless Mod, Kuryakyn Pegs & Grips, Memphis El Paso Shades, HD Luggage Rack, MC Enterprises Brackets
charlieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:34 AM   #38
bertiljn
Registered Full

[QUOTE=rc4man;1226894]Bag photos, shown installed, straps attach to turn signal stalk and around shock spacer, when removed bags have handle to be carried as luggage, also shown in combination with my HD overnight bag.[Hi. Where did your wife buy it?]
bertiljn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #39
JoeCam
Registered Full

It was mentioned before but I still don't see how bags that have contact with paint (foam protection, velvet, or anything else) would not create wear spot from 100's of miles vibrating and rubbing. These pictures...none of the straps/bags touch the paint as they hang over the fender?
JoeCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement